Hey there, Meow you doing? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thumbs up Hey there, Meow you doing?

Just introducing myself as a new member of the site!

I've been a mommy for a little over a month now. I'm a college student that goes by the nickname "LJ". My baby boy is called "Mr.Marshall" and he was born the 13th of April 2017, so that makes him 13 weeks old! He's a little blonde domestic longhair, I believe. Or, more so 'medium' haired. He is a little devil constantly biting, chewing, scratching and running wild.. but those little peaceful moments when he lets me cradle him in my arms and steal kisses off of him while he falls asleep make it all worth it.

I have to admit the first few weeks of raising him were extremely difficult. I received him way too young. He was 6 weeks, but the lady whom I had bought him from said that his mother had been aggressive towards him and she feared he'd be injured if I didn't take him

.. sniff sniff do you smell something?

Regardless, she said it was "now or never", and I had already fell deeply in love with my boy from the visits with him and many pictures I had taken, so I went to pick my little devil up at the age of 6 weeks. Now, let me tell you how well that went..

He hadn't quite got the hang of drinking from a water bowl at that age, neither did he drink from a syringe. So for the first few weeks with him I had to mix a healthy amount of water into his wet food.

He couldn't groom himself properly, so I had to get up whenever he had a poop to wipe his little bottom to ensure no poop bits were stuck to his fur - yes even in the middle of the night.

He also never learned not to bite, since his mother didn't get the chance to teach him and this continues to be a problem with him to this day. This is probably the biggest issue I have with having taken him too soon.

The amount of bite wounds I've endured, poopy butts I have wiped, crying during the night, food I have carefully mixed out.. I can tell all those moms-to-be, taking your baby sooner than expected might sound great but trust me its not great in the long run, for you or more importantly for your baby. For anyone who has stumbled upon this - don't take your baby before the recommended 8 weeks!

Now that that's out the way, here are some pictures of my precious little Mr.Marshall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0608.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	116650  

Name:	DSCF0640.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	116658  

Name:	DSCF0725.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	116666  

Name:	DSCF0723.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	116674  

Last edited by marie73; 07-15-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 06:56 PM
Cool Cat

He is adorable. You're quite right, the mom's training and care is really important. Sorry you had to fill in for her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page