Chips, Gravy, Harribo and Oreo - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Chips, Gravy, Harribo and Oreo

Good morning,
I'm Davina and I care for Chips the Sri Lankan Street dog, Gravy the Sri Lankan Street cat as well as Harribo and Oreo, who are British Short Hairs.

Last Monday Gravy came home injured. He clearly had a broken leg. I took him to the vets and the vet accidentally overdosed him. Gravy was in ICU from last Monday until yesterday. Last week he went blind and became paralysed, but he has now recovered his sight and some movement.

He still can't sit, stand or walk. But he can now eat and he can roll a little and kind of drag himself a meter or two once a day. His leg is dislocated, the ulner is broken and the radius is chipped. I'm doing physio on him several times a day.

Does anyone know where I can buy accessible friendly resources for cats in the UK? I'm struggling to find any. Gravy would really benefit from a 3 sided litter tray and maybe a harness so I can support him to do physio etc.

I'd be really grateful for your replies

GravyBabies Human x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome.

Shouldn't Gravy be in a cast or splint? Is his leg still dislocated?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 09:48 PM
Premier Cat

Awww, poor Gravy. I found this website....the soft harness looks like it might be useful.
Also the blue litter tray.
https://www.petplanet.co.uk/category.asp?dept_id=184

Or you could make your own litter tray with a plastic storage box, and cut out a section of the side to make entry easier, or put some books/wood block or something as a step for Gravy to get in and out of your present litter box easier. Hope some of these suggestions are useful. Hope Gravy continues to recover. All the best!

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page