New and a question, too. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

New and a question, too.

Hey everyone. I joined to get some additional information, and unanswered questions resolved before I puruse my adoption. My name is Emily and I enjoy cats. My friend has a british shorthair, Jade. I am in love with the breed but I was thinking a shelter cat. There is one I am very interested in, she is medium length hair. I had decided on short hair, mainly because a friend has a long hair and poop is constantly getting stuck to her fur. Can anyone tell me if medium kittys have the same issues? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

To be honest, I think all cats sometimes have issues with getting poop stuck in their hair. My girls have VERY long hair and they almost never get poop stuck to them. Which amazes me. I used to do butt checks all the time, especially when they jumped up on my bed, but I've stopped.

I've never looked for a specific cat, but I ended up with all long haired kitties.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 04:47 PM
Cool Cat

I've had the same experience. i had a long-haired cat who also never got poop stuck to her butt. i think it just depends on the individual kitty and whether they are "neat" poopers or not. ha ha!

kudos for you for considering a shelter cat. there are so many beautiful, loving, even pure-breed cats that are surrendered all the time and they all just want a home and love. : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 10:19 PM
Premier Cat

If you do a "potty patch", you will eliminate the problem of poop sticking on the back end. With blunt nose or mustache scissors, trim the hair back from the anus about an inch from around the anus as close to the skin without nicking it. Do it while the cat is asleep or very relaxed, or when you can have someone restrain the cat if it doesn't like its hair being clipped back there. Always feed a few treats after your finished (that goes for grooming or nail clipping too).

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page