Hello~ - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello~

My name is Pepper and I am the proud owner of Atari. I have always had cats, including the sweetest tortie called Bummer (affectionately, as mum found out she was allergic to cats when we got her, but we kept her anyway) and my black and white shorthair, Mioe. She was born three years before I was, and stuck around with me until the magnificent age of twenty-four. As she really only liked me, she was also my entire world. Left with a big hole in my heart after her passing, I decided to not take another cat for a little while, to make sure that I wouldn't end up projecting my desire to have Mioe back on another cat.

Fastforward a few years, when both my partner and I are stuck at home for my 27th birthday during the day. We decided to visit a shelter, and just as we decided to leave, we spotted a shy little diluted tortie tucked in the back of her cage. One sad meow was all it took to melt our hearts, followed by a soft headbutt when I approached her. We didn't mind that she was already 11 years old, or that she had some health issues. She was coming home with us. Which meant we had to buy a carrier at the shelter and my partner had to run to the stores to buy a litter box and other supplies as I took her home.

Her shyness proved to be a bit of a hurdle. Atari spent about one month underneath a big chair in our living room. I had moved my computer and everything to that spot and just did everything whilst sitting next to her. Because she did have some health issues, I had to take her to the vet several times, so that certain did not help! Eventually she started to feel safe and now, about half a year later, she is flopping around on the floor wherever she wants, harassing us with her desire for scratchies and being altogether a very happy and content kitty. She does still get super shy when other people come around, but I made her several little hidey holes she can observe them from and that seems fine.

Oh, and I'm a computer engineer... hah. I suppose I exist somewhere too. :3 (Oh dear I wrote a whole novel, sorry.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	35 - Really just look at that face.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	118073  

Name:	21 - Sunday Lazyday Snuggles.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	118081  

Name:	64 - Tongue twister.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	118089  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page