Stitch - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello, my name is Chloe and I have a 3 month old kitten named Stitch. She is super crazy and hyperactive, but hopefully she'll calm down. I'm curious if any of you have any answers to help me. I don't know what to do when it comes to letting her out of my room. I've kept her in my room just during work hours but as soon as I get home I let her out. But she likes to pee on the couch. Just one spot and I'm not quite sure why. She's really good about using the litter box and hasn't peed anywhere else. We have two couches in our house, and she's in my room all day with my bed. But she uses her litter box until I let her out and she'll pee on the one couch. I'm probably being a little repetitive, but I'm not sure why/what to do.

Last edited by Chloeselena_; 08-27-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Premier Cat

You'll have to make sure that you have neutralized any urine stains on the couch by using a special enzyme cleaner, such as "Nature's Miracle"---otherwise, she will want to pee on the the same place where she can still smell her scent. Cover the seats of the couch with tinfoil...most cats don't like to walk on it. It does sound to me that because she is kept in your room all day, that it's her way of marking her territory. You might also try and train her to use another litter box in addition to the one in your bedroom....most cats do better with two rather than just one, as some like to pee in one and poop in the other. Can you put the additional box behind the couch so it's out of the way? Add some of her pee clump to the litter in the new box.
Hopefully she can be retrained to use the second box. Eventually, you can replace the foil with a sheet of plastic to cover the cushions on the couch. I would keep it covered for about a month until "Stitch" is regularly using the litter boxes, then uncover the couch and hopefully she's forgotten about peeing on it. For best results litter boxes needs to be scooped twice a day. Good luck! All the best!

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."

Last edited by catloverami; 08-28-2017 at 12:29 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 03:13 PM
Cool Cat

I fostered a 4month old that peed on my couch, too, a few times. definitely clean it with the enzyme cleaner at least and cover it up with something. I think what really helped get my foster to stop, though, was a lot of play on the couch. I put all her toys up there and even her food and I think she finally decided she didn't want to pee where she played and ate. good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page