New kitty mama! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

New kitty mama!

Hi! I am a brand new kitty mama of an 4 month old kitten! We have named him Pete and he is a wopping 2lbs 5 oz! We just got him yesterday from a shelter and he was a stray with his brother and sister (who have FIB but he tested negative so in a couple months we'll have to take him for testing again) and they were adopted a couple days before he was. He is still getting used to everything here! We currently have him locked in our living room with his cat carrier he came home in (with tons of blankets so he's comfy), his food and water, litter box, and few toys. We have 2 girls (2 yrs old and a 10 m old) and they currently aren't allowed in the living room till he gets used to the environment. He's been staying in his cat carrier (we took the door off so he could come and go as he pleases) and he really likes to hide under our one reclining chair although last night I was sitting in the living room watching tv and he came out to explore and play a little and I kinda just ignored him while he did his thing. I realized that bringing a kitten home is just like having another newborn in the house. I was constantly checking on him through the night! He used the litter box a couple times and ate his food so that's definitely good! But I can't wait till he is ready to snuggle with his mama and come sleep with me! If you have any advice for a new kitten mama, I'll definitely take it! If I can ever get a picture of him not hiding, I'll post it! He really is the most adorable thing in the world!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

At four months old, he should weigh somewhere around 4 lbs. He needs to be fattened up a bit.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Definitely does need to be fattened up! He doesn't seem to be a big eater but he'll get there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page