Young Cat Mom - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Smile Young Cat Mom

After not having cats for my 37 years of existence due to my mom having allergies to them, after my mom passed away, I moved and my sister's cat came to live with me. My sister have found her as a very sick stray around a year old and fell in love. Despite her many health issues and the fact the vet claimed she would be lucky to make it out the first week of life, she pulled through and is now at least 18 years old. My sister was away from home for the first time and needed someone to keep her company and Cleo was the perfect companion. Rachel's life changed though and within the last 2 years, she had two children, a dog and a job requiring her to work long hours. Cleo ended up spending her day sleeping in a window and spending her nights on an empty bed waiting for Rachel to crawl back in it. Instead Rachel was spending her nights with her new son on his floor. So when Cleo got fleas from Rachel's house, she was brought to mine. She immediately took to my dad and he was newly retired, missing my mom and it worked out beautifully that Cleo had all the time in the world to spend with him being his new bedmate and cuddly lap cat. She's around 18 years of age and is recently diagnosed with cancer. We are hoping for the best treating her with prednisone to help her breathing and the tumor to keep under control as well as giving her energy. We have also noticed she is playing more, running and jumping more readily and seems to be happy again despite the cancer growing in her nose. She is a baby doll cat and has everyone in the house, even the other cats, completely in love with her.

For my birthday last year, my sister gave me a cat named Annabelle. She is a bundle of energy and very independent but will come for quick cuddles and petting only to bounce off to another location to play. She is around 3 years old and is always moving when not passed out for a quick nap. She is a tuxedo Turkish Angora and has been brought back to the shelter three times in the last 2 years of her life. They claimed it was not her fault but the houses she was taken to was not properly ready for a bundle full of energy cat. She was a bit skittish when I adopted her but she was really blossomed. She loves her bay window (Cleo has her own as does Willow the other cat), her cat trees, high up perches where she can see the world going on around her, the screened in porch to jump and play on, the sunroom to relax and watch the birds eat, and her many scratching posts and toys she has spread out among our house. She even gets along with Cleo, whom Rachel claims hates other cats. They are not cuddly but will be seen from time to time grooming each other, giving each other passing licks or butt sniffs and will happily share the house having each their own spaces. She even loves my sister's two children and her dog, who stays with us during her work day. Our lives have been forever changed because of her and she has brought joy into our house as well as laughter.

Last month I adopted a third cat named Willow. A local shelter was having a free black cats adoption month and offered all black cats in the shelter for free. I felt Annabelle could use a friend to play with as she often was running around trying to play with Cleo who never is in the mood to play. So I happened to find a picture of Willow. She is also around 2 1/2-3 years old and came from a breeding colony. She had been in a cage inside of two shelters for almost 2 years of her life. She was a little overweight, very shy and scared but I feel in love with her immediately. She's a British Shorthair that looks just like a round ball of black fluff. After waiting in a room for 2 days waiting for her to appear, she finally came out from under her bed and got petted. She was so nervous and skittish I was worried for her but she has blossomed this past month. She now explores every room of the house except the big living room (that's a work in progress). She loves playing with Annabelle or her toys, will groom Cleo a lot, and absolutely adores my sister's big dog. She is still scared of people other than me but is slowly getting there with ignoring them and still going on her way. She loves me though. She sleeps with me, grooms me, eats with me and follows me around some of the day. She loves her toys and to jump up high despite her heaviness. She is really an amazing cat and so full of love.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cleo2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	118938  

Name:	GONA7268.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	118962  

Name:	IMG_1685.jpg
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	118970  

Name:	willow.jpg
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	119002  

Name:	IMG_1771.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	119010  

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 05:03 PM
Premier Cat

Beautiful cats who sound like they are very happy in your home.....you have the "touch" and cats feel comfortable with you--it's a gift. Lucky cats, lucky you!

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page