Hello from Indy! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello from Indy!

Hi! My name is Alison, and I have 2 cats, Oreo and Cooper. I had at least two cats at all times growing up through my late 20's. When my last one passed after I began having human babies, we took a break from pets until the kiddos were older. They're now 5, 8, 9, 10, and 13 and we rescued our first cat in July 2016 and named him Oreo. He was found outside and we offered to foster him to sort of test the waters with kids/allergies, etc. and after 30 days when his owners were not found, he became ours! In November 2016, we decided Oreo needed a playmate so we adopted Cooper from a shelter and they immediately became inseparable!

Life has not been dull with these 2 They are both the sweetest, friendliest cats I've ever owned. Oreo is my escape artist... I'm thinking he was an indoor/outdoor cat in his past life before us because he stands by the door and can sneak out of the slightest crack when someone opens it. Thankfully he goes to the same place each time and one of us pick him up and do the "walk of shame" with him back into the house haha! He even tries to get help overnight, as almost every single night he goes down to the basement and get some type of plush (usually Mario or Pokemon plushes) and carries them up the stairs to the garage door where he lays them by the door. He never, ever touches them during the day, but each morning we are greeted by a different plush who he apparently though could help him escape! A few months ago, he also got into the one unfinished spot in our basement, climbed up storage totes, across the top of the CEILING and fell behind a wall. We couldn't find him and then heard meowing from the basement and realized he was stuck behind the wall. I had to saw a hole in the wall (trying to not saw through him!) and hope it was the right spot to get him out. As soon as I pulled the piece of drywall out, he stepped out covered in dust just like it was something he does all the time!

Cooper was super sick when we adopted him. He was the only kitten left from his litter and was 4-5 months old. He was on antibiotics and we were told he was almost over a cold, but after about 3 days I took him to the vet and he had a severe URI, ear mites and some type of parasites. Once we got him all fixed up, he became known as the crazy cat! He runs everywhere he goes. He can jump higher than any cat I've ever seen. He can get down the steps in our house in 3 leaps. Seriously, this cat is crazy. He rarely sleeps, or even slows down. It makes me so sad to think about how sick he must have been when we just thought he was a calm kitten.

So that's our story. They have been the perfect fit in our family, the kids adore them, and they tolerate the kids lol. We're super blessed to have them in our lives
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 08:19 PM
Cool Cat

What a nice intro post! This sounds like a very happy family situation, and Thank you for taking in the homeless and a shelter kitten - especially a sick one, Stars in your crown! Welcome to Cat Forum.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Awww, thank you eldercat, that is so sweet!

Last edited by marie73; 10-04-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page