Hello! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Smile Hello!

I decided to join due to having read many tips from here in the past when my second cat was just a baby. All cats were brought to me to raise and nurse back to health by my own mom, oddly enough. She has a habit of finding poor, helpless baby animals that are in need of help. Both my cats, kitten included, have been found by her.

I own 2 cats, and have taken in a very young orphaned kitten just 5 days ago now. My oldest is named Rusti, at 9 years old this month- she is a female orange tabby cat. She's mostly just orange though, with very few markings of a tabby. Now that she's older, many of her stripes on her legs have disappeared and been replaced by a cream color that she's had on her chest for forever. She's been diagnosed with a sort of OCD with her grooming habits, and she has seasonal allergies that worsens it come Spring and Summer. But she's a total momma's girl. If my lap is available, she's sleeping there. If my arms are empty, she wants to be held and loved.
My second girl is named Angel, gonna be 3 years old in January of next year. She was literally brought to the front porch by the resident mom cat, who is trap savvy and has still yet to be caught in the local TNR project. She was my youngest kitten I've ever been foster mom to, and had 5 different things that were attempting to kill her the first night I had her. She's a spunky little thing, and is a huge social butterfly when it comes to other cats. Whereas Rusti only really interacts with me and is rather neutral to other cats, Angel interacts with anybody- human or cat. However, she does NOT like to be manhandled. So no picking her up or holding her. But she loves hugs, talking at me, and getting ice from the fridge. She seems to have some sort of asthma that happens when she gets too riled up- vets are completely baffled as to why she starts coughing and wheezing when she starts exercising or purring too much. And as a result from that, she's about a pound and a half overweight. She's otherwise healthy.

Lastly, there's Marco. He's 2-3 weeks old, and my mom rescued him from her dogs roughly 5 days ago now. I just hope he makes it- I want to see what his personality would be like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 05:56 PM
Premier Cat

Hi there! Thanks to you, and to your mom, for taking such good care of these kitties! How is Marco doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page