New Foster Mummy saying hi! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Talking New Foster Mummy saying hi!

Hi all!

My name is Dannielle, and I am a part-time Foster Mama here in Central Florida! I'm originally from Cambridge, England but moved to the US 10 years ago, and have been in Florida ever since. I work full time at a car dealership as a BDC & Digital Marketing Manager.

I've lived with cats my whole life! My first cat (Chunky) came into my life at 6 months, and was my beloved peanut-butter sandwich stealing partner until my 16th birthday. As an adult I have 4 "full-time" fur babies of my own- Millie (7), Reese also known as Booger due to her frequent sinus infections (6), Rae (4) and Luna (1).
However, I have also opened my house to fostering a couple of times a year since 2015 for Bottle Babies and young litters that need some time before adoption can happen at a local SPCA or Sanctuary. It all started after I lost one of my fur babies, Charlie, suddenly and VERY unexpectedly. Charlie was "my baby" and boy did he know it! I had raised him from 2 days old after he was abandoned by his mum, bottle feeding him in lectures while I was at college and then taking him to work with me. He snuggled every night and was more than well aware of how good he had it (not that I'd of had it any other way!)

I currently have 3 fosters staying with me! Malibu & Mercedes are 7 week old siblings who just needed some time outside of my local SPCA to socialize and grow. Mercedes had some stomach issues when I first got her, and had to go back for a week long vet stay due to uncontrollable diarrhea and the inability to gain/maintain weight. In that time, Malibu grew even more attached to the point that my coworkers called him my little Parrot- due to his love for sitting on my shoulder all day! Leo is approximately 9 weeks old, and was actually found here at the dealership. One of our Sales Consultants went out to our overflow field to get a truck with 2 customers, when the truck didn't start they opened the hood... and there he was. He was actually electrocuted by the truck, but thankfully doesn't appear to have any long term issues- his paws were pretty badly burned (and his poor whiskers also got fried!) but after 2 weeks he is gaining weight, able to walk on his paws, and starting to interact a little more.
I also have 6 more kittens coming in next week, that were born in the porch of a neighbors house about 4 weeks ago!

Thank-you for allowing me to join, and taking the time to read the above rambles! Haha.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1847.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	120026  

Name:	BasketOLove.jpg
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	120034  

Name:	Boog2.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	120042  

Name:	Boog.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	120050  

Name:	Leo.jpg
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	120058  

Name:	charbabe.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	120066  

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1937.jpg (124.5 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page