First cat! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Red face First cat!

Sooooo after many many years of wanting a cat I finally got my own place that is pet friendly (also without nasty roomates) and adopted a kitten! His name is Vesalius Enstine, Ves for short lol. Heís coming up to 6 months soon. Up to date with shots. Been fixed and finally gained some weight ! Super cute. A terrorizer for sure but doesnít leave my side and loves car rides.

To my knowledge heís a domesticated long hair. Which I believe is a term for a mixed house cat, correct? But Iím curious as what breeds he has in him? Or type of coat colouring you would classify him as?

Ps. My name is Sam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	120666  

Name:	IMG_0021.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	120674  

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	120682  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 01:47 AM
Premier Cat

Hi Sam,

I don't know much about breeds or coat patterns - all I know is that he's definitely part tabby in terms of his coat - but I just had to say how ridiculously cute Ves is! :
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 08:35 AM
Cool Cat

Greetings to Sam and Ves! Wonderful pics, Ves is adorable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 09:56 AM
Cat

Congratulations on being chosen to serve. All of us here happily do our part to ensure our furry friends live happy leisurely lives. Ves looks like a fun guy, welcome to you both!

4ever in my Heart
Dizzy my PookieMoose
June 2003- August 26 2017
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 12:23 PM
Cool Cat

oh my goodness gracious. what beautiful long hair for a little guy! he's precious. You are both so lucky to have each other. Welcome to the world of cat servitude. Dizzys Dad got it right. you have been chosen to serve. we all wear the badge with love and pride!

Maggie & Phoebe
Kitty, Lucy Girl, Bobby Boy, and my sweet Angel forever in my heart.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Premier Cat

Yes, he is a Domestic Longhair, since he doesn't have any registration papers with a cat registry (such as CFA=Cat Fanciers' Assoc.) that would confirm that he is a registered breed of cat. Having said this he does have the common color pattern of a Maine Coon cat, with a lot of them being brown classic tabby and white (with paws and chest, etc.). They are slow maturing cats, taking 4 yrs. to grow into a large cat usually weighing over 20 lbs., with a long rectangular shape body, long tail. They're very companionable cats. However, I think the shape of his round eyes and wider set and shorter ears are more like a Siberian's, that also have a shorter more compact body shape and shorter tail ....so who knows what his background might be? They're also very companionable cats. His expression, especially his large eyes are absolutely wonderful! You've got a very special beautiful boy! You could enter him in a HHP class (household pet) at a cat show (CFA or TICA=The International Cat Assoc.)---he doesn't need to be registered to enter, and have the judges give an opinion, or other breeders at the shows who have Maine Coons and Siberians or even Norwegian Forest cats. I'm sure he would win some ribbons.

Maine Coon Breed Profile: The Maine Coon (click on "Breed Standard" to see complete description)

Siberian: Breed Profile: The Siberian

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thank you for all the info! yea he is quite the charmer and little ball of energy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page