Meet our Three Cats! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Meet our Three Cats!

Hey everyone! I'm a "first-time" cat owner. My boyfriend had two cats when I moved in, and we just adopted a third cat around Thanksgiving (kind of by accident). Since it's my first new cat and my first cat introduction I thought I'd maximize my resources and join the forum!

The Players:
Randall - The Boyfriend
Trin (aka Trinity) - male 10-year old Tabby, declawed, neutered. He's a big 15lb fluffy pillow with a penchant for bed cuddles, chicken and string toys. He likes to love-bite when he's super happy. Not a great litter box user, he tends to start inside and then walks while pooping.
Gohan - male 6.5-year old grey and white short-hair, neutered. He's the sniper, likes to watch and wait before striking precisely. Adopted as a feral kitten and bonded permanently to Randall. He prowls and knows every inch of the house. He likes asparagus, smelling coffee and pretending to be King Kong climbing up his cat furniture. Very vocal, walks around with felt rattle-mice and drops them at Randall's feet.
Olive - female 2 or 3 year old tortoiseshell, our new kitty in the mix, abandoned by a neighbor. She is a sweet little lap cat that just wants love and affection, and is adapting to indoor life quite well. But don't let that fool you, she is also a playful little killer that likes to disembowel the ribbons from her bird toy.

So far we think integration is going well. Trin is a "rude" cat that gets too close but he's not aggressive and backs off when Olive hisses. They are mostly at a neutral place. Gohan watched for a few days and now is chasing her sometimes but it doesn't seem too aggressive. Half the time she turns tail first and he is simply running after due to curiosity. Hopefully they can be somewhat neutral soon as well, because this integration thing is exhausting! But it's so rewarding, and Olive definitely needed a home and a family. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of cat integration questions later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trin.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	120858  

Name:	Gohan.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	120866  

Name:	Olive(inside).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	120874  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 12:51 AM
Cool Cat

that's awesome!!! sounds like it IS going very well and you're being real patient and doing everything right. good job and welcome to the forum!

Maggie & Phoebe
Kitty, Lucy Girl, Bobby Boy, and my sweet Angel forever in my heart.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 12:53 AM
Cool Cat

P.S. love your description of Trin's not-so-good litterbox manners, too. "walks while pooping" - i know that's not a good thing, but it unfortunately made me laugh. ; )

Maggie & Phoebe
Kitty, Lucy Girl, Bobby Boy, and my sweet Angel forever in my heart.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 10:21 PM
Premier Cat

I really appreciated your intros of your kitties and could see their personalities in the pics - especially the one of Gohan "talking"!

maggie23, I had the same reaction to that description!

Khadsell, has Trin always done that or is it new? Just asking because when my kitty does that, it's a sure sign that 1) she's constipated, if it's hard poo or 2) I put too much Miralax in her food in an effort to relieve the constipation. But yep, always need to watch where I'm walking...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 02:33 PM
Tom Cat

It's not uncommon for declawed cats to have litter box problems, because some of them experienced a lot of pain the first time they used the box after the surgery. Try a shallow box filled with that fluffy recycled newspaper bedding sold for small caged animals instead of litter and see if he likes it. (It looks like that cellulose insulation that they blow into attics). Some people have had success with puppy pee pads as well.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks everyone. I've only lived with Trin for about 2 years, but Randall said that he has always had that issue. The declawing (and believe me, never again) apparently had poor recovery. Since he was a rambunctious kitten, he would leap off the couch onto stone floor and got some nerve damage in the paws. So poor guy had it rough when it comes to that. He's fine now other than the litter box issues. He climbs and runs without any discomfort. Gohan is not a fan of his bathroom habits and will try and bury anything that is left out lol!

The only thing that's really tugging at my heartstrings is Trin sometimes will leave a room and then start yowling as if he has forgotten where we are (often at night). He'll pick up what we call his "comfort mouse" and walk around with it (but he's not playing, he yowls through the toy). When you walk up to him he seems fine and he'll follow us back to bed. I'm not sure if his brain is just addled, or if there is something we can provide for him that would calm him better. He has access to heights, we play with him and he's friendly with Gohan (and curious about Olive). Anyone ever hear of behavior like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page