Hi I'm new to the group... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hi I'm new to the group...

Hello,

I joined the group because I want to learn more about how other cats behave, any health issues that cats can face, etc.

We have a beautiful calico, Mesha Michonne, who is 3.5 yrs old. We got her from the USHS in Maryland when she was just 6 months old. She's our first cat ever.

I did quite a bit of research before deciding to add a cat to our home. Learned as much as I could about what they need, like, etc. The staff and volunteers at the HS were so helpful in finding the right kitten-match for our household.

Mesha is a darling girl... very loving and affectionate. And, she gets along well with our 2 dogs. Our 15 yr old standard poodle, Hope and Mesha are "friends"... they play chase often, although Hope always bows to Mesha's demands if and when she makes any. Surprising to us (as inexperienced cat people, I mean) their play with each other is very gentle.

She is an indoor cat who enjoys our whole house and our big screened-in porch. She seems to enjoy being carried around the yard and on short walks with us. She has a harness and leash that she is comfortable wearing but seems to prefer being carried around outside. She has 2 trees, one in her room at a big window facing the front of the house facing east, and another at a big window at the rear of the house facing west. She also has a scratching post in every room of the house, except the bathrooms, and she utilizes each and every one!

We utilize an alternative care vet for Mesha's care and that of our 2 dogs. She eats a varied diet of freeze dried raw and frozen raw and, she gets dehydrated free-range rabbit and rabbit ears to nibble on/eat as well a freeze dried Ahi Tuna and salmon as treats.

She has her own room with a dog gate at the door that she can get under easily. This enables her to come and go as she pleases, and get away from everything and anything she chooses to. She prefers to sleep on the bed with us at night, after she "kneads" the comforter and purrs her little heart out for ~ half an hour or more.

We adore our Mesha Michonne. Attached is a picture of her...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mesha close-up.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	120882  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 11:55 PM
Cool Cat

Wow! she TOTALLY hit the jackpot with you guys. congrats on bringing her into the family. so happy for you all!

Maggie & Phoebe
Kitty, Lucy Girl, Bobby Boy, and my sweet Angel forever in my heart.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 11:30 AM
Premier Cat

What a wonderful loving and stimulating home you've given Mesha Michonne (love the name!). She's a beautiful tortie (tortoiseshell) and white girl, and I've always loved torties, very loyal to their owner, often bossy with other animals. One of mine years ago was the "boss" cat of my clowder of cats when I was breeding. She kept everyone in line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page