Somewhat recent owner of two cats - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Somewhat recent owner of two cats

Hello,

I was gifted a 2-month female unspayed Persian cat (Sylvana) for my birthday, September 2018. In the previous 4 years, I lived alone in my one-bedroom apartment without any pets, so I was a bit taken aback by that gift. However, she grew on me, and was well-adjusted from the start (used a litter box, was playful, ate properly, loved petting from anyone, etc.). Over time, I realized that she was often bored, and would start doing silly things to get my attention. I didn't know much about cat behavior, and our play sessions wouldn't last very long because she was easily distracted, but she still craved attention and I didn't always have the time or the energy to give it to her. At that point, I started to entertain the idea of getting a new cat, to keep her and myself company (I started to really love cats), which led to my adopting a new cat (Toulouse, 1 year old neutered male tabby).

I was (and still am) somewhat new to cat ownership, so I watched videos and read a few things about how to introduce a new cat to a household that already has a cat. I followed the usual recommendations, and after 8-10 days of separation, both of my cats were ready to be allowed to interact without any restrictions, and have been (mostly) getting along well ever since.

While I am very happy with both of my cats, I still feel I have much more to learn about my feline companions, and am often unsure about whether I'm "doing it right" as a cat owner. I'd love to make a few posts here about questions that I have about various small "problems" (if they can be called that) related to my cats, which hopefully could be answered by experienced cat owners.

Kind regards,

Monty (from Cochabamba, Bolivia)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mycats.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	124218  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page