Cat Forum banner

Hi Gatsby and I Are New

665 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  catloverami 
#1 ·
Hi Gatsby and I are new to your Forum but I have seen a lot of good information here. Quick backstory. Gatsby's only two and I got him at the shelter after having to put my 17 year old cat Bear to sleep in February. I didn't think I could get up the nerve to go through that again but I did. Bear had urinary issues from age 2 to 17 that were never ending with the vet and the emergency room, etc.. Last week Gatsby got an intestinal partial blockage and had to be at the vet for 2 days. I don't think we're out of the woods yet I'm afraid this is going to be ongoing. I could use the support of a forum and also the information. I remember my old vet told me when Bear got the urinary so young and it was going to be lifelong that maybe it was lucky I adopted him because maybe no one else would take care of him as entire life with all that like I did or would. I guess the same thing with Gatsby I'm glad I adopted him as maybe somebody else who got them wouldn't have taken care of them when things went South, but I will. I could just use some help info and support now and then. It's scary to started all over again so soon I've only had him 6 months since Bear died Thank you guys.. I'm glad to have found your forum

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Gatsby is adoorrable! This blockage may pass. One of my cats Fitty ate some foil wrapping off one of those "The Laughing Cow" goat cheese triangles, that caused a blockage in his stomach for a few days that was visible on the Xray, but then it moved into the intestinal track and vet rather than go for surgery was patient and said to wait for a few days, and the foil passed out in the poop. Since then, no more problems but cats are like 2 yr old kids and you need to be constantly vigilant on making sure they are not eating something they shouldn't. Some cats just like to put all sorts of things in their mouths and you need to be careful it's something that's big enough that they can't swallow it. So just be very careful and make sure nothing is left out on a kitchen counter or plate that he may want to eat that could cause a blockage. Just becase he's had one blockage doesn't mean it will be a repeat pattern. All the best!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.