Cat Forum banner

Hello my name is Doug & I'm looking for a cat

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  eldercat 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a companion kitty. Along with the ability to keep my house free of mice.
The local shelter has a very nice and affectionate cat for adoption. She had an injured
eye when found and taken to the shelter. Her eye was removed by a vet. This cat is
about 6 months old and otherwise healthy. This SPCA has a lot of nice kitties available.
But this cat really seemed to take to me when I picked her up.

What would be the disadvantages to getting a cat w/only one eye?

Attached is a photo of one of my past fur kids....meow! I miss her a lot!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
There are absolutely no disadvantages in adopting a cat with one eye. In fact, most cats who aren't traditionally "normal" are usually hard to place. I believe you have been chosen. :)

#4 ·
Hi Doug....There are no disadvantages to having a cat with one eye. She will be a good mouser in spite of it, as most cats hunt by hearing and scent primarily, as well as sight to some extent. You will have a closer bond to a cat if it chooses its owner, and I think she's targeted you! Let us know how things turn out for you. All the best!

#7 ·
Some cats hide for a day or two when they first arrive in a new home. If that picture is from your home and not the shelter, it's pretty amazing.

So I have to ask, what if he's not a mouser? My girls are indoor cats, but when Charlee snatched a bird from the space under the screen door, I found her holding the bird in her paws and licking its little head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.