another newbie - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

another newbie

Hi all! I've been lurking around here for a couple of days, reading up on some of the past posts, so I thought it was about time I joined in and introduced myself.
My name's Vicki and I live in Oklahoma. My cat Ringo is a female calico Manx, she was a rescue kitty found at a dumpster about 7 1/2 years ago!
I also have a 2 year old snake named Marlow, she's a Ball Python.
looking forward to meeting you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 07:36 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Hi, funnybunny! It's nice to have you here.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Cat Addict

welcome to the Cat Froum! i look forward to seeing photos of your freinds

Visit The Animal Rescue Site at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
feed an abandoned or abused animal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 07:54 PM

Welcome to Cat Forum!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 08:26 PM

Hi Vicki, it's nice to have you here! Can't wait to see some pictures and hear more about your kitty.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 09:57 PM

Welcome aboard! Watta combo, snake and kitty - does she freak out around the snake? or calm if she knows can't get out of the cage.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 12:30 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via MSN to tanyuh
Hi funnybunny!! So, are ya funny?! Tell us a joke! A funny one about a bunny! Hahaha.

Welcome to the cat forum! Warning: can be addictive, hehe.

Post those pics!

"Good Kitty, Samhainy."
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome!
Actually, Ringo doesn't pay much attention to the snake. Marlow stays in her hide box (in her tank) most of the day, so I guess it's an "out of sight, out of mind" situation most of the time. When we have Marlow out, Ringo sometimes watches her, sometimes doesn't. Ringo does usually watch when it's feeding time for Marlow, although I put the snake and her dinner into a paper grocery bag for privacy. Ringo sits and listens and watches the bag. LOL
Actually, there's a story behind my screen name of Funnybunny, but it's kind of silly.
When my hubby and I were first dating, he bought me a stuffed bunny for Easter. But it wasn't your typical cute little fluffy bunny, he was more of a pot-bellied, long-legged, beady-eyed, mischeivous looking character. Any way, one day while I was at work, hubby got out the digital camera and took a series of photos of Bunny waking up, going outside to explore, and then coming back in because it was too hot outside, and he wrote up a story to go with it. Since then, Bunny has been photographed doing many things like opening Christmas presents, raiding the Easter baskets, and rock-climbing on vacation, as well as a few shots of his more devious side when we've caught him red-handed (red-pawed??) getting into the cookie jar, being a couch-potato in front of the tv, and such. Bunny has become quite a character (but don't tell him that, it will go to his head).
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 12:56 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
What a creative husband you have! I think that's great. The Funny Bunny is also the name of a piece of music for beginner piano lessons, and I have taught that course for so many years, I assumed that's where the name came from!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page