Hi from Madison and Willy's mommy! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Hi from Madison and Willy's mommy!

Hello all,

I am pleased to be a part of your wonderful community. I am new not only to this site, but also to motherhood. My name is Susan and I currently live alone in a 1 bedroom apartment in San Francisco, CA. I moved here from New York 3 years ago. My family is all on the east coast.

While I love living alone, sometimes I would get lonely. I always thought of myself as a dog person, but as my apartment building only allows cats, I decided in January of this year to adopt a kitty. I had never had a cat before.

I did a lot of research on breeds and things like that and had my heart set on a "pretty cat", but in my desperation I agreed to adopt a certain cat from her foster mommy sight unseen. I was nervous when I went to pick up Madison (then called Crystal) hoping she would be cute and cuddly. Instead what I found was a scary looking furball who could only be described as mangy. I hesitated and wondered if she was a kitten or a gremlin (hehe I can say that now b/c I love her so much). I thought about going back on my word, but then I held her and she purred in my lap. She was the last of her litter, and I had a feeling others before me passed her over b/c she is "different".

Madison and I became fast friends, and now I think she is the most beautiful cat I have ever seen. I can't imagine my life without her. I feel blessed that she came into my life.

Now Willy... Willy became part of our household as a playmate for Madison. Leaving her alone every day when I went to work was doing a number on my heartstrings. Knowing Willy is there to keep her company (and he her) is such a comfort. They are fantastic friends and run and frolic all day long.

So that's my cat story. I just love my babies so much! They are the light of my life. I turn 30 in October and and taking a lot of ribbing for living alone, almost 30 with 2 cats. I tell those people that if I lived out my life this way, I would die a happy woman.

I have posted pictures in the Cat Photos section. Just search for my username susieb8020.

Nice to meet you all.
Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 05:48 PM

Hello Susie!! Welcome to this fantstic site!!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 06:12 PM

Welcome to Cat Forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 07:01 PM

Welcome! Your kitties are so cute!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kittygirl04 Send a message via Yahoo to kittygirl04
That is such a sweet story! I am glad that you and kitties are happy together! Welcome!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 09:58 PM

Hi there and welcome to the Cat forum! It's very nice to have you here!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 10:14 PM

Welcome! I am new here as well, although not quite so new to being owned by cats .

That is such a sweet story about Madison. She is quite the lucky gal to have been adopted by you!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 07:54 AM

Hi susie and welcome to catforum! It's a great place with tons of nice people!!

u have beautiful cats!! And i also loved the story how u and Madison got together
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
susie, I'm so glad you have joined us. Your story is wonderful. Like the rest of us who love our kitties, we love to have a place to find friends and tell our stories! Welcome, welcome, welcome! >><<

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via MSN to tanyuh
Pfft, those people who tell you that are just plain bananas!

I'm gonna go look at yer cats now. I'm glad you made room in your heart for a mangy looking gremlin cat -smile-.

MEOW!

"Good Kitty, Samhainy."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page