Hi! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to AmberD
Hi!

Hi all! My name’s Amber, and I’ve been checking this place out for a while, but I haven’t posted yet. I've finally been inspired to register, so here I am. As far as introductions go, I’m a graduate of Michigan State University, with a degree in English. Don’t ask what I’m going to do with my degree, because I’m not sure yet Still working on how to go into an animal related field with an English degree. Anyway, for now I’m at home with my dog, five cats, and several fish.

Since it’s a cat forum, I’ll introduce my cats first:

Spaz is the eldest of my cats at 5 years of age. She came from the Humane Society as a Christmas present to me , and she’s very deserving of her name. She plays fetch and “goalie” very well, and generally likes to hang out by herself.

Blue is only a few months younger than Spaz, and came from my mom’s good friend who is a Siamese (and Tonk) breeder who’d we’d gotten a Siamese from before. He’s the nurturer of the group… and he loves to sun bathe

CryBaby is going to be 4 in a few months, and he was an “accidental” acquisition from the Humane Society’s visit to the grocery store. He almost died a year ago when his kidneys failed him, and so he’s now living with 25% of his kidneys, but he remains king of his domain.

Scooter is a little over 4 months old now, and the sweetest creature on Earth (in my humble opinion of course ). He and his mom came calling for food outside in October, and a couple weeks later, when the weather started getting bad, we had to bring them in. We caught Scoot the first night, but it took us another month to get his mom…

Sophie is estimated by the vet to be about 2 years old. She showed up one day out of the blue, and a week or two later, she started bringing her kitten with her. Because of her love for affection and general sweetness, the best assumption we can make is that she used to be a housecat but was dumped either when she was discovered to be pregnant, or she was dumped with the kitten.

This is Sasha, my mutt. She was also a stray who hung around long enough and was sweet enough that we just couldn’t resist her. Actually, we didn’t have much of a choice since she was dropped off at the pound and had to be adopted or else. She was quite a case to rehabilitate, since she’d been abused, but 6 years later, she’s doing great.

I have 7 Siamese Fighting Fish (a.k.a. Betta fish), who are all great little pets. I’m not going to post all 7 here, but I’ll share a picture of Psychedelic, my favorite and the one I’ve had the longest (since October 02). He’s an awesome little guy with a rock star personality. In February, he developed cancer, in the form of a tumor, and I had to take him to the vet (that was quite the experience), but he got better and has inspired a house full of bettas (10 total).

That's it - unless you want 9 more betta pictures, which I can do

Amber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 03:57 AM

Welcome Amber!
I'm also new here. Your animals are all very very pretty. It's almost like you have a zoo. lol I think it's great that you got them from the Humane Society as alot of people don't want those animals cuz they think they are bad. But if only people knew I think there'd be alot more adopted animals. I too have a Betta fish. It's name is Dummy. lol I had a Black Moor fish with one boogly eye but he went to fishy heaven today. He was 5 yrs old so he did his time. He was the best fish ever. I named him "One Eyed Willie" (like from the Goonies movie) since he only had one big eye. He wasn't swimming right anymore but was breathing so we flushed him so he wasn't suffering anymore. Poor little guy! I miss him already! Even though he was "just a fish" I think deep down he really liked me. My niece was sad cuz he was her first fish and she told us she wanted us to flush him to fish heaven cuz he looked like he's suffering. Imagine a little 8 yr old saying that. It was sad! Welcome again to the forum and keep us posted about your animals. Take care!!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 04:29 AM

Hello Amber and welcome. I loved the stories of each one of your pets. You are not only a good story teller but your stories have happy endings - so it got even better. Your pets are beautiful...looking forward to hearing more from you !

ps kimmyboo - I am sorry about One Eyed Willie. I am sure you had a very special spot in his heart. You were his mommie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 05:22 AM
Premier Cat

Welcome to the forum.

All of your babies are very adorable and I'm happy to hear you've taken in some animals you didnt have to. Do they all get along really well?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Cat Addict

Blue is so handsome
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Cool Cat

beautiful pictures.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 04:34 PM

hi amber and welcome!!!!
your kitties are all so beautiful, so is your pup!!!!
sophie though.... :)
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 06:31 PM

too cute!!

All your critters are adorable but, Scooter has my heart! :) What a face! I can totally understand how you couldn't resist him. Kudos to you for adopting shelter cats!

Another betta fish fan here, too! I had 3 but lost them all to cotton wool disease not to long ago. Including Wallace, who I had had for 3 years. Very sad!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 06:41 PM

Welcome! all of your babies are so cute Just 1 question. Is Scooter Sophie's kitten?
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to AmberD
Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmyboo
Your animals are all very very pretty. It's almost like you have a zoo. lol
Well, few months ago, we had another dog and a rabbit, so it was really a zoo then Although... Sophie and Scooter put the total right back up there, I guess. And sorry about your fishy

kitkat - they all get along except for Baby and Sophie. That's proving to be a long process...

2sillycats - sorry about your fish, too. Are you going to get any more? Oh, and Scooter has my heart, too He's absolutely precious.

maymariya - Scooter is Sophie's kitten, yes Here's a picture of them when they were still living outside:

He looks so tiny there, and he's a fine, strapping young kitty now :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page