Cat Forum banner

Are both my kittens torties?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kittysnuggles 
#1 ·
Hello
We are getting two kittens on Friday, and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of cats they are? someone thought they were torties, but I wasn't sure about the black one.

This is them at 4 weeks old :2kitties one picture there, with mummy cat to.

Thanks if anyone can reply. We are still struggling to name them hehe :kittyball

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Neither appear to be torties. The black one is a black DSH (Domestic Short Hair). She(?) appears to have ghosting of mackerel tabby stripes.

The other one looks like a brown or grey mackeral tabby, again a DSH.

DSH is the breed, mackerel tabby is the coat pattern. (Tortie is also a coat pattern).

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I was told the black one was a boy, and the tabby is a girl.
Thanks for explaining about what types they both are :)
They are so cute but i can't wait to see what they look like when grown. Such lovely kitties they both are.

#7 ·
Thank you :)
The kids have come up with quite a few names, but our favourites are characters out of Avatar - the last Air Bender lol Katara and Sooka (pronounced Sacka, might just spell it that way lol)

x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.