Cat Forum banner

Hello from PA!

499 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  bobdubs2 
#1 ·
Hello from south western PA! I have two cats- Faith and Kimba. We found Faith (tiger) outside 10 or so years ago in a burning pit- took her in and had her ever since. I found Kimba (siamese?) wandering around outside about four months ago. I'm really on here because I was feeding a feral cat outside- not intentionally at first- I was trying to start a compost pile. Anyways the cat started noticing when I would come outside and she would come closer and closer to me. It took about a year for me to be able to touch her. She got pregnant and had her kittens at the end of June. My boyfriend and I tried to find them but to no avail. Then we had a terrible thunderstorm and the feral brought her two kittens up to the porch! So I took them inside. The kittens are about 4 weeks old now. Here's my question. Kimba is being really rough with them. She will tackle them and then groom them- including getting them to go pee. I caught her trying to cuddle up next to them. Is that normal behavior? The feral cat doesn't seem to care but Kimba is awfully rough with them. Kimba is about a year old if that makes any difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.