Cat Forum banner

Updated! Reply from Wellness!

3K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Gabreilla Moushigo 
#1 ·
I've been feeding my cats dog food for 2 weeks...Because I am a complete dope. Last time I went to the pet store, I bought a bag of Wellness dog food and a bag of Wellness cat food. I opened the cat food (so I thought) right away and mixed it with the little bit of Nutro the cats had left. I was suprised how big the pieces were... :roll: And was also annoyed that the cats didn't like it...

So last night I go to open the dog's Wellness....and realize it is cat food! You can imagine how annoyed I was!

So of course I gave that to the cats....you should have seen the relief on their faces!!! And I now have about 5 pounds of mixed Nutro cat food and Wellness dog food that I suppose the local possums might enjoy... :roll:

Edit: If I send Wellness a whiny e-mail asking them to please put a picture of a dog and cat on the respective food bags, do you think I would get a free coupon? Or just be the laughingstock of the Wellness office?! :oops: :p

#3 ·
Kristi, I'm so sorry, but your story did make me giggle. :)

I think you should write to Wellness teling them your story and asking at the end for them to put pictures on the bag. They just might send a coupon. And if it's written humorously and they laugh, then they're laughing with you and not at you.. :D

#5 ·

rosalie said:
LOL..you should get a free coupon :D

I've people here that feeds cats dog food..on purpose :evil: they are barn cats but still..and they wouldn't listen to reason. Your story is a breath of fresh air :wink:
My "step-grandmother" (for lack of a better name) feeds the barn cats wet dog food 8O i took some REAL cat food out there(cuz my kitty didn't like it :roll: ) all of them came over and gobbled it up and after, they actuall let me pet them, most of them are pretty much feral and avoid you at all costs it just goes to show they would really prefer real kitty food!

#7 ·
If it makes you feel any better, I've almost bought Wellness dog food for Assumpta on a couple of occasions...it can be really hard to tell the bags apart if you're in a hurry, so I make sure to double-check now (I help myself out by only buying the very smallest bags and chanting to myself "Blue bag, blue bag, blue bag"). It doesn't help that their dog food (at least the senior food) is about the same size as, say, Hill's SciDiet Hairball for Cats, so I can see where it would be easy to make this mistake. Though I rather like the design of the packaging, it's NOT always easy to tell which is which at a glance.

OTOH, I am so cheap that I would be sitting at the coffee table separating the dog food from the cat food by hand while watching TV some night. :lol:

#9 ·
**separating the dog food from the cat food by hand..**

LOL, I do something similar but not with dog food, the broken from the whole pieces; Madam only eats whole catfood pieces :roll: ..I take the crumbs to the ferals. Sorry for being OT but your separating the crunchies reminded me

#12 ·
I would probably sift through cat and dog food too - that stuff in particular is expensive! I'm not sure - but I believe the cat food has a very hazy pic of a cat on the front - and the dog food is just plain. I would check the bags a lot to be extra sure before purchasing or opening - it's too expensive to waste!

#14 ·
You know... You can give that to the dogs. Cat food won't hurt dogs as long as there is some dog food mixed in. I did that same thing. Only I mixed up Kibbles and Meow Mix. Call me an idiot please, I was on medicine at the time. My cats wouldn't eat it so I was like okay, They don't like it. Then after feeding my dogs for a few days, a neighbor was over and pointed out to me what I had done. I felt so retarded. But the dogs seemed to have enjoyed it. Wouldn't let it go to waste.. But possums also need food. So it won't be a total waste.

#15 ·
I really hate to mention this but there *is* a picture of a cat on the Wellness package. It's pretty well hidden in the swirls, but there's a sleeping cat on the label. (To be honest I only noticed it myself last week! :lol: ) So while I agree you deserve a coupon, I wouldn't make it contingent on there *not* being a picture of a cat on the label!!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

#16 ·
LOL Kittie, if you could see how careful I am with my greyhound's diet, and the horrified expression I got on my face at the thought of giving her cat food....LOL! I'm guessing a lot of dogs would be ok with the occasional helping of cat food, but I know that cat food can make any dog sick due to the too-high protein and fat content...especially for a dog as sensitive-tummied as mine! :lol:

Dr. Jean, I can't believe there's a cat on the Wellness bag! :lol: Maybe that's why they haven't answered my e-mail yet.... :wink:

#17 ·
Bengal Cat said:
hmmmm tell me if it works I'll claim the same thing and try to sqeeze a coupon also...can you make the same mistake with canned I wonder ???? :lol:

I almost did. I buy it by the case. They had moved them to the floor (probably because everytime I went in there they had to pull out a ladder and pull two flats down for me) and I wasn't paying attention to the one I picked up. Then I checked to be sure it wasn't a fishy flavor and that's when I noticed.

#18 ·
Check out the nice reply I got from them! And be nice folks b/c I gave them a link here! LOL! Their customer service seems quite good so far.
Hi Kristi:

Thank you for contacting Old Mother Hubbard. I forwarded your e-mail
to the
Vice President of Marketing for consideration. I also checked the link
as
you suggested and please know that we would never laugh at you for any
reason
whatsoever.

For your inconvenience, I've put coupons in the mail to your attention
for
you to use towards future purchases. Please contact us should you need
anything further.

Beverly
Customer Service

#22 ·
Hmmm... it may be some kind of voucher rather than a coupon.... You know, the Internet is both the boon and bane of the retail industry... I work in Customer Service for an online retailer, and I know personally how difficult it is to give individual attention to customers in the Internet age when everything is publicized on online bulletin boards...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.