Cat Forum banner

Do you know this cat food?

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  sentimentalgirl 
#1 ·
I bought some new cat wet food and I think it's great! (it was expensive)

The name of the company is Merrick Petfoods.

They have many flavours, such as Thanksgiving Day Dinner, Grammy's Pot Pie, Cowboy Cookout,...

Here are ingredients (Grammy's Pot Pie):

Chicken, Chicken Broth, Turkey Liver, Fresh Red Jacket New Potatoes, Fresh Carrots, Fresh Snow Pieas, Fresh Whole Red Delicios Apples, Potato Starch-modified, Olive Oil, Calcium Carobnate, Potassium Chloride, Tricalcium Phosphate, Cassia Gum, Carrageenan, Flax See Oil,.......and many more (too long to write!)

What do you think?

And...I bought one more new food (also expensive!). It's frozen and they said to defrost it few hours before serving or heat it up in the microwave.

It's called Amore.

Beef and Veggie Food fo Cats:

Contains: Free-range, non-medicated beef (meat, liver and heart), carrots, parsnips, squash, yams, organic egg yolks, organic mutliglandular supplement, salmon oil, raw bonemeal & flack's ultarkelp

What do you think?

Oh..and here are their web sites:

www.merrickpetcare.comwww.amorepetfoods.com/

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Eva,
Where did you get that food? At Global Pet Foods? She gave me a sample of Amore as well, though I didn't try it! Is that wet food chunks in gravy or pate style????

Let me know where you got it so I can go check it out! :D

#4 ·
someone posted something exactly like this a few months or weeks ago regarding this product... i think someone mentioned that the veggies may not be so good for it or something like that? otherwise, it seems like it has a great set of ingredients there... i saw it at my local pet shop but didn't want to try it until more people here generally approve of it :oops:

#5 ·
I looked at the Amore site and it looks like some of the food is considered "meal" and some of them not. I understood that the other food is more like ...extra for the cats if you feed them homefood diet.

I haven't tried Amore yet. I'm planning to defrost it today for this evening.

I think Merrick is pretty good. On the other hand, I would like to see more opinions here!!! Where is Zalensia? She is so familiar with the ingredients and could tell us how good/bad it is.

Maleke, yes my hubby bought it at the Global. The guy was just do knowledgeble! He talked to Dan for a long time..... I was waiting in the car and those two just kept on talking in the store. :)

It was kind of expensive, but if it's a good food than it's worth it! And Amore was given as a sample... :)

#6 ·
Hey Eva,

I feed Merrick to one of my cats (the other is on prescription diet). He loves it. We buy it by the case at a local pet supply store "Pet Food Warehouse".

Anyway, I noticed that it states on the can that it meets the "nutritional levels established by the AAFCO". A good thing, I think?

I'd be curious to hear what people in the know think...

#8 ·
Ok, I just went and bought one of each flavour. The ingredients look SOOOOO good, I would guess that it is a first grade food. I hope my cats like it, they aren't big on the pate style food....but I'll give it a try. The pictures make it look like it's chunks in gravy, but when I shake the can it sounds more solid. I guess I'll find out tonight!

#9 ·
Ive ask about Merrick in a few forums for opions from the experts and all say it is a very good food. Super premium. I'm going to try it myself when its time for a change. Ingredients look very good with none of the bad stuff.

Isnt Amore a raw food ???? I know they make a raw food and I think you have to suppement it.

#10 ·
Bengal Cat said:
Isnt Amore a raw food ???? I know they make a raw food and I think you have to suppement it.
Yes, Amore is a raw food. The thing is that when you look at their web site, some of their food is called "meal" and some of them "bones", etc. The salesperson in the store gave us the one called "meal". I think it's fine if I give it to them once in a while, isn't it? I wish Dr. Jean could say something... I put it in the wrong section! I should have post it in the Health section.

Maleke, did you try Merrick? :) I'm sure you kitties loved it! I think I gonna buy this more often.

#11 ·
I haven't seen Merrick cat food, but the dog food is amazing--whole chunks of meat, sweet potatoes, etc...It looked like a stew my mom would make! I was so shocked when I poured it in Willow's bowl that I ran through the house to show it to my husband....with poor Willow leaping along behind me after her bowl! :lol:

#12 ·
kristi said:
I haven't seen Merrick cat food, but the dog food is amazing--whole chunks of meat, sweet potatoes, etc...It looked like a stew my mom would make! I was so shocked when I poured it in Willow's bowl that I ran through the house to show it to my husband....with poor Willow leaping along behind me after her bowl! :lol:
he he he

poor Willow....

#13 ·
I read the ingredients to my boyfriend and he's like "great, so the cats eat better than we do!". Haha. Actually, my cats didn't like the first can I tried. Today I will wait until I know they are starving and then see if they like it.

#15 ·
Maleke,

Did they eat it?

I tried Amore last night and Yoda wouldn't touch it! Dunga was suspicious too but at the end she ate and Maugli finished Yoda's leftovers.

I'm wondering why Yoda wouldn't eat it? It's the most natural food - it's raw. The guy from the store told my hubby that his cats are crazy about this food!

I never had problems with any other food. They always eat what I give them and I thought they aren't spoiled. Maybe Yoda just doens't like that it's raw... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.