Cat Forum banner

Rescue Centre Wait UPDATE

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Misty 
#1 ·
How long do you normally have to wait for a rescue kitty? I've tried several shelters and they don't have a kitty for me. I'm after a young cat because my Cleveland is still a very much energetic little fella. They trend to only want to rehome young cats in pairs. Do you think it would be rude to keep calling them up?

P.S Scottish members- where did you get your cats?

#2 ·
What area of Scotland are you in?? There is lothian cat rescue, Portobello cat and dog home and a couple of SSPCA centres around...

www.catchat.org is good for finding shelters...

Dylan is purebred so I got him from a breeder. An alternative might be putting a wanted ad in a local newspaper... A lot of kittens born with no where to go a lot of the time... Someone may be able to help.

#3 ·
I would try some others or keep calling. I don't live in Scotland of course, but I'd think they are pretty lucky if they aren't desperate to adopt cats out to people.

I don't know if this applies since I live in the states, but when I adopted mine, I went in, saw them, and met them all in the same day, then I had to come back a day or two later so that the Humane Society had time to go over my application, and make sure that the kitties were healthy and ready to go home. But some shelters here will give you a kitty the very same day you go in, at least in the states.

#4 ·
OOOHHH all excited!! Found a little private run rescue centre who will not kill no matter how old the cat is or how long they have them and they have someone for me. She sounds the perfect match for Cleveland! A little black and white girl around 5 months and very playful just like him. I'm going to visit her foster mum tonight. Can't wait

#7 ·
She's mine!!! I got her last night which was really surprising. I was at the foster mums house for about 2 hours chatting away. She said she could tell we'd give her a loving home so allowed us to have her then. Her name is Millie and she is a sweetheart. I'll get the camera out and start snapping!

#11 ·
He's not too bad. A little huffy casue there is someone sharing his people. She's in love with him, purring at him through the door, calling to him! We've been scent swapping rooms and he doesn't sniff about a room she'd been in now. If she is directly behind the same door as him he has a little hiss then runs away! He's twice the size of her and a big scaredy cat. My livingroom door is half glass (upper part) so they enjoy peering in at each other and touching paws through the glass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.