Cat Forum banner

Quotes

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  NebraskaCat 
#1 ·
<sigh> I am possibly the most inept user of message boards in the entire internet.

When I want to quote a part of someone's message in a thread, I copy and past it and wrap it inside the little quote tags in the message section.

But most other people's quotes include who is being quoted in bold type (i.e. "Originally posted by NebraskaCat... then the rest of the quoted text below that.)

How do I do that?

Sorry for taking the average IQ level of the forum down a couple dozen points.

#2 ·
On the bottom right of the post you want to quote there is a button that says "Quote". Click it. It will take you to a reply screen with all of the text in that post. Just highlight and delete what you don't want in the quote (making sure to leave the [QUOTE =originalpostersname;995298] at the beginning and the [/ quote] at the end).

#3 ·
There are no doubt several ways to do this, but I find the easiest way is to just hit the "Quote" button that appears in the post. You will then be taken to the reply screen and the entire post will appear as a quote. If you want to quote less than the entire post, then just delete the words/sentences that you don't want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.