Cat Forum banner

Riot wont eat chicken

853 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tanyuh 
#1 ·
Riot, I dont know why but this cat will not touch chicken. He used to love it. Sometimes I will cook it in the frying pan and sprinkle Pure bites crumbs on it and he will eat a few pieces. But thats it. Its killing me. I even tried turkey and cornish hens..nothing.

Now, for bone I either use chicken ribs or wing tips and I have to be talented. I have to slit a hold in a chunk of boneless beef or pork and shove some bone in there and he will eat it. I also use feeder rats for bone. Is there any other type of bone I can use? Like pork bones?

He will eat beef, pork and fish fine (gets fish once a week), I have tried rabbit but am out. The only food I havent tried is lamb. He loves Venison. Is a diet okay if the only chicken I can get him to eat is the odd piece and the bone?

I wonder if his slight pickiness is due to the fact his teeth are basically falling out lol. He is picky with organs and heart to but he will eat it fine if its the only thing in the bowl.

#4 ·
Haha, thanks for the clarification doodlebug, I was insanely confused and worried about the kitty's teeth falling out! /blinks

My kitten is about 8 months old and she's been adeptly eating drumsticks and whole 1-day old chicks since we got her in August. I don't think your cat specifically *needs* chicken and can get his muscle meat from other animals he likes. You could try to find some lamb's heart, our cats love it. Cow heart is great too.

And I think feeder rats are a fabulous idea if he'll eat them. Using full prey is so handy because you don't have to worry about getting bone from some other random source - a complete meal is sitting right there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.