Cat Forum banner

Trippy Kitty

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  nerilka 
#1 ·
Did you know that catnap is a hallucinagen for cats? Do you give your cats catnip? I have a big tub of catnip that I let my kitties eat out of every great once in awhile. It's funny to watch my cats tear around the house. Nori seems to hallucinate even when she's not on catnip... she is constantly looking around and whipping her head around like she's watching imaginary insects.

- koneko

#2 ·
I get it in a concentrated spray bottle. I like to put a little on their scratch post and it keeps them from clawing at my leather couches. I don't use it much because they get a little freaky like you said.

Since it grows naturally and they seem to love chewing it, I don't see any problem with catnip. I have never seen any ill side effects.

#6 ·
your not alone, vienna doesnt think anything about catnip, but my other cat pebbles loves it!

now pebbles is a right little madame, complete snob, give her catnip and shes trippin its so funny. She has 14, was spayed as soon as she was old enough, and bleach does a strange thing to her, if i was my floors with them, or just use it in genral, she goes nuts! she tries to rub herself into it, or drink it (obviously i stop her) its like shes come into season (which is imposible since shes been spayed for like 13years)

#7 ·
I love to give my cats catnip when they are REALLY bored, so it's an extra special treat, so they don't start acting out in BAD ways. (my cats are more bad on a normal basis then when they are "high") lol.

With some cats, all they need is to smell it and it gets to them, other cats have to eat it for it to have an effect, and other cats don't get anything from it either way.
Tage doesn't get anything from it, but Asim and Isha do.

#8 ·
susieb8020 said:
My cats both love catnip, however, Madison (10 months) only recently started to be affected by it. Initially it did nothing for her. Weird.
I've read that catnip has no effect on kittens.

I have a big ziplock freezer bag with some catnip that I rotate our cat toys in and out of every few weeks. Keeps the old toys interesting.

#13 ·
Kittygirl totally ignored catnip until this past year. Now she loves to roll in it. Kitty loves to eat it and roll in it. I usually sprinkle it in a little spot on the carpet--he will go back to that spot for days and rub his face on it! Sophie likes to eat catnip, but it doesn't seem to affect her very much. Yoda is not allowed to have catnip because she gets MEAN! :evil: I have been wanting to try the spray catnip--but then again, they like to eat it, too. :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.