Cat Forum banner

Going on holiday, Need advice asap.

711 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MaddysMama 
#1 ·
I Need some advice i am going on holiday And will be leaving Monday Evening.
However my cat had Her litter of Kittens Eight weeks ago. It was decided that we would keep one kitten,Sophie.
The other two Kittens were rehomed yesterday (next door) Madeline has been looking for the kittens only briefly and not pining too much as she still has Sophie.
My Mum was going to take Sophie to her house as my daughter who is not coming with us is at work from 8am- 4pm but will be there to feed the cats every day, but we are going to be away for ten days
and i fear that if we seperate Maddy and Sophie, Maddy is going to take it hard especially as we are going away as well, and i am frightened that after 10 days of seperation Maddy and the other cats might reject Sophie and we will have to reintroduce them again. :(

Also Sophie is kinda lost without her brothers so i do not want to confuse her more by rehoming her for ten days and then bring her back, My mum can't Take maddy as well as she has a dog and Maddy will not tolerate them whatsoever, So what do i do???? :?

Would it be ok to leave Sophie here with the other cats and make sure that she has enough food and water Etc untill my daughter arrives home from work at 4-15pm, My mum has said that she will look in at luchtimes to check everything is ok, and spend some time with them.
If i could cancel the holiday i would but this was booked long before we even knew we were expecting the kittens. and i don't want any of them to suffer emotionally :(

Any advice is greatfully appreciated Thanks :)

See less See more
#2 ·
I would just buy a large dog sized bowl. One for food and one for water and fill them both right up. Each morning the food emount should easily be enough, and the water would be plently full. Esp if someone is coming home at the end of each day. I think it would be better than seperating them.

#3 ·
I am not a cat expert by any means, but I would try not to separate them :( I think them being alone and lonely together (if they'll be lonely at all), is better than being apart. Forget the separation anxiety, keep them together... at least they'll snuggle together and keep each other warm.

Can your Mom or Dad some and stay at the house a few nights while your gone?

You can send both Maddy and Sophie to me in Chicago, I'll watch them :p j/k

#4 ·
Zalensia said:
I would just buy a large dog sized bowl. One for food and one for water and fill them both right up. Each morning the food emount should easily be enough, and the water would be plently full. Esp if someone is coming home at the end of each day. I think it would be better than seperating them.
That's what I did for Jazzy!!, the large dog bowl. She loved water so much and would always spill it, so finally a bought her a huge dog bowl, and she pawed the water more than she drank it!! :p

#6 ·
Thank You all very much!!!!

You just confirmed what i knew was best, :) i just wasn't sure if it was ok to leave Sophie Alone with her being so young and all.

But My daughter will be here from 4-15pm untill 8.00 am the following morning, It was just the hours that she would be at work.
That i was worried about.

Thanks for the offer jazzo, i have a package that needs to be sent to Chicago, i'll pop them in the postwith that and hopefully should be with you next week sometime!!! :D May as well kill two birds with one stone!!! :mrgreen:

I really don't have the heart to seperate them, and you are right as long as they have enough food and water, I guess they will be able to manage without me!!! :( But i will probably miss them so much more than they'll miss me!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.