Cat Forum banner

Do you have a conversation with your cat?

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Icycat 
#1 ·
Hello,
Do you have a conversation with your cat, meaning...do you talk to them, and FOR them? lol.

I guess this is something I picked up when I got my beagle Snoopy back in 94. I would talk to him, like I think most pet owners...then I would start talking for him! Must have been bored. It would go something like this.

"snoopy, what are you doing?"
"uh...me?"
yeah you.
I didn't do anything
Then why do you have frosting on your muzzle?
......I was...baking a cake?

(scratching at door) Let me in, let me in!
All right, Im coming, give me a minute
(scratching at door) Its freakin cold out here Daddy! Im freezing my butt off, Im not a winter dog!
Snoop! Im coming, just wait a second
For the love of God, hurry up!

lol....I don't know why I started doing this for. We then got our first cat and it continued.

Dusty, do you want to go for a car ride?
Me? No.
Ok then, lets go
Wait a sec...I said no
aww, who cares, we are going anyways
I hate car rides, I molt!
Youll be fine..it will put fur on your chest
ok...grrr, I hate car rides...thats it...tonight, Im going to hurt you. i hate car rides, I hate car rides, I hate car rides!

Then we got Cleo and the same thing:

Cleo!
Over here, being fat...and sleeping!
Morning Cleo, how are you
Morning...doing good, not bad, slept and ate. You know the routine.

Of course, to add some additional humor to the mix...we have decided that Cleo sometimes has kitty Touretts Syndrome...lol, I won't give any examples.

Do you talk for your cat?
Ryan

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't talk for my cats, but I carry on conversations with them. Pixie is usually the chatterbug, and I'm pretty sure what she's telling me, so my end of the conversations are along the lines of:

"Neeeowww", "Awww, that bored, huh? Give me a sec and we'll play"
"Maaaooow", "Oh, not bored, but hungry? But it's not dinnertime yet"
Noooooooaaawwww" "No, you're not getting a treat"
"Meeeee??" "Yes, you are the cutest, no, you're still not getting a treat"

#4 ·
I chat endlessly with Bella. Our conversations mostly go like:

Meeeooowowww
"You don't say!"
Prrroowwww
"Really, now that is something."
Ooooowwww
"No, sir!"
Meewoowww
"And then what happened?"

Or if it is the middle of the night:
Meeewoooowwww
"Bella! SHUT UP!"
Murrr
"I said, SHUT UP!"
Umpf!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#7 ·
Ours is a group participation thing. Our Maltese, Sammie, is often part of long conversations where he never says a thing. My mom'll put on this really annoying baby-voice and speak for Sammie. My sister does the same thing. I do it to, but without the baby-voice. Then, whoever's not speaking for the dog, replies to what "Sammie" said:

Mom: "I not fat. I perfect just the way I am!"
Me: "Sammie, any fatter and you're gonna have hip trouble."
Mom: (to Sam)"Say," (As Sam) "Shaap! (mom's way of saying "shut up") I not fat! Now gimme a treat!"

This is not an exageration. She really does eliminate the "am" from "I am", and I really am the only rational and sane one in the family.

#9 ·
Talking to cats

Oh yes, we talk to and for Jimmy all the time :D
Somehow, we imagine that he has a rather Posh high-pitched voice like a spoiled little boy (we used to call him Little Lord Gingeroy). He 'says' things like
Give me my breakfast, Ape!
I want my dinner now!
Put me down at once you clumsy oaf!
Let me bite your hand!
I'm not coming in, I want to sit here on this fence!
I want more room on this bed, you can go and sleep somewhere else!

and many other orders that we get throughout the day :lol:

seashell

#13 ·
my3kitties said:
Crystal211 said:
Erik and I talk to our cats...and talk for them. All of our cats have British accents...lol...
Somehow I think if cats could really talk, they'd all have British accents.
I quite agree :) but then again all my cats are English, like me :lol:

Funnily enough one of my best friends always talks to Smudge in Russian (never the others!) and she purrs her little socks off as if she actually understands....strange :)

#15 ·
Stephie said:
my3kitties said:
Crystal211 said:
Erik and I talk to our cats...and talk for them. All of our cats have British accents...lol...
Somehow I think if cats could really talk, they'd all have British accents.
I quite agree :) but then again all my cats are English, like me :lol:

Funnily enough one of my best friends always talks to Smudge in Russian (never the others!) and she purrs her little socks off as if she actually understands....strange :)
Maybe in a previous life, Smudge had an owner who spoke Russian. You never know... :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.