Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm adopting one of the kittens that I recently fostered. All the other kittens have found homes. Problem is, the new baby is howling constantly while he's alone and my 3 older cats aren't accepting him very well. I talked to a cat behaviorist today and she basically said my only options were 1. to get him to bond with one of my adults quickly; 2. give him away; 3. get another kitten. I really don't want to do 2 or 3. As I've had him since birth, I'm pretty attached. As I already have 4, I don't really want 5. I am feeling very desperate. The baby has been crying/screaming/howling for a week and only stops when I'm with him. The behaviorist was telling me that if he doesn't get a playmate (or one of my older cats starts to play with him) that he'll develop all sorts of behavior issues later (petting aggression, play aggression, etc.). Is this really true? Is it really going to be this bad? Any ideas on integration?

I'm desperate and don't want to give my little one away (and if I do, who's to guarantee that someone else will adopt him with a "friend" and he won't display the same behaviors?)

Help! I'm so scared of what could happen!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts