Cat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi sweet boy,
Thank you for the rainbow. Ever since you sent it I've felt more at peace. I still miss you. I know I need to cry again for you but with Finley and school there's just no time. Thank you for continuing to jingle your collar, meow every once in a while. I'm trying not to cry now, Finley is sleeping. You should be too my baby. Get some rest. Be good up there and play nice. I'll see you soon.
Love,
Your Staying Strong Mommy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Goodmorning Sweet Boy,
How was your night? In two days it'll be a week since you left me. Sometimes I forget you're gone, because I wish you were still here, and then when I look for you you're not here. It sucks. Hope you're being a good boy. Mommy has marching band competition all day. It's supposed to rain all day, too. It seems that rainy days bring terrible days after they're gone. It rained the whole entire week before you left me. I wonder what I'm going to lose next.
Be good,
mommy

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I am scared to think how many animals I have lost - not just cats but dogs, horses and wild animals who couldn't be rehabilitated. NOTHING makes it easier but there is the comfort of knowing that in Paradise all will be well. it doesn't stop the tears but it gives hope! God bless hope!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Dear my sweet boy,
Your daddy saw a double rainbow yesterday, one so thick you could see every color in both rainbows. Was that you? Or your canine brother and sister? Maybe all three of you? I went to your grave last night and put some flowers, then your daddy went to the store and when he came back he told me about the rainbows. I asked you to send me another rainbow when I came to see you. Thank you my sweet baby. Everything still hurts, but it more so feels like you're still here in some way, you send rainbows and meows at night and a jingling collar. Please never stop letting me know you're okay. We love you so much. We all do. I wonder if Finley can see you sometimes. We all miss you so much my sweet boy. I'm so scared to get attached to another animal just to go through this pain again. Of course I love Finley, how couldn't I? But, I'm so weary about everything. Be good today, play nice, maybe send another rainbow, to me or daddy or grandpa or other mommy, let someone know you're okay and well.
I love you,
Mommy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi sweet boy,
It's been a few days. Mommy has been super sad lately and sick. I miss you to no end.
Be good today.
Love,
Mommy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi my baby,
Mommy has been so busy lately. I haven't been able to talk to you. Mommy's best friend got a kitten and is claiming she's ready to deal with FeLV. I tried to warn her. The kitten gets tested in two weeks. He was a barn kitty. I told her I want nothing to do with her baby, it's too soon for me to even think about kittens. I love you my sweet boy. I miss you more and more every day this never gets easier. I don't cry anymore but sometimes I wish I did. Be good please. Send me another rainbow, or send your daddy one. Either one of us would like to know you're watching over us. I don't get how the sun can still rise without your meows and kisses. I'm so scared that I'm going to forget what you look like, the sound of your meows, or the feeling of your fur. I miss the early morning with you waking me up by hitting my nose. I miss the purrs and cries. I miss you so much. I wish every day I would wake up and I would've just been in a bad nightmare. I want to wake up from the nightmare so badly.

Love,
Your Depressed Mommy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Dear baby boy,
your daddy and I have split up. It's sad. Your bearded dragon brother, Joey, died today. I think it's all part of the legendary MacBeth curse. We're reading it in language arts.

Love,
Mommy

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Gentle (((HUGS))) for you Gremlin....
Sending Healing Prayers for your broken heart...for everything...you're going through right now...
Sharon

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking this must be for you. it's been a few weeks now and I just saw this. I hope time is healing your heart and that you are picking up the pieces and have some closure. Many of us truly understand the heartbreak you are feeling. (((hugs)))

View attachment 96282

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm right there with you - I'm missing my Bentley too. I can't say words that will make it easier for you. So I''ll just offer a virtual hug.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hi baby boy,
Things have been rough. But I never stop thinking about you. I miss you so much. You sent your daddy another rainbow yesterday. Thank you for that. Mommy is home sick today.
Love,
Your Upset Mommy

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
You have had a terrible time. Mourning is natural and even healing but it is dangerous to get into a spiral - even though you have more than enough reason to be in one. Bless you.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Awwwww Gremlin....
He would NOT want you feeling like this...
Remember the times he tried to cheer you up, if he sensed you were feeling, stressed, or sad??
Can you imagine how powerless he feels...he can't wrap around you, and purr, to take away your pain...
He KNOWS how much you loved him, and still do...that's Forever!
He wants to see his Mommy feeling better...
He would want for you to pass on that Beautiful Love, to another kitty...at some point...
Animals, unlike us, aren't selfish, and Greedy, in the same way, us two leggeds are...
They have Beautiful Spirits, and teach us so many things, for the short while they share our lives...

In my life, I have lost several, and Yes, I've mourned for a while...then I've passed that Love to another orphan, or stray, that has desperately needed the Wisdom, and lessons learned from my departed one...
This is how I honor the memories, and the life, lost...of my Furbabies...

Sending Healing Prayers, and (((HUGS))) as you work through all of this...(you've had a LOT hit you at once) be Kind to yourself...
You WILL make it through.
Sharon

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thank you everyone
I'm trying to work through this.
I just miss him like crazy. I've never seen more rainbows the last month in my whole life.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It seems like this year is just terrible.
We lost two guys at our school. One was a sophomore, the other a senior. They were brothers. The older one died on his birthday. The younger one died on impact during the car wreck they were in.
I have lost three friends, two dogs, a cat, and a lizard all in less than six months. I am worn out beyond fixable.

I love you my sweet baby Gremlin.

·
Premium Member
7,095 Posts
Oh Gremlin, that is a LOT of loss in a very short amount of time. I'm so sorry for all of the losses you've suffered. :( What a tragic story about the two brothers. I can't imagine how their parents are coping. Is there a counselor at school who you could talk to? Sometimes, it helps just to be able to tell everything that you're feeling to someone you don't know. Even if there's nothing anyone can do, it just feels like a big relief, because someone else is there to share what you're going through.

And of course you're always welcome to talk ("talk") to us here. Sending hugs and strength to get through this very tough time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hi Gremlin, Sorry to bring up a old thread. It's now been almost five months since you left me. I still find your fur around the house, in my clothes, sometimes I think I hear you meowing. Sometimes I forget that you're gone. I miss you so much my sweet little Gremlin. I see pictures of you and your dog brother and sister and I just cry. Some days it's easier than others to deal with you being gone.

Always missing you,
Your mommy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi - I only joined this site last week just so I could talk about my gorgeous Kohl who passed away just over a week ago. I know exactly what you are feeling - I had a really bad week last week but I've started to walk round the house now and tell him I love him and before I go to sleep too. I miss him so much but I take comfort from the time we spent together and I know I loved him more than anything and would have done anything for him. I don't know if you are interested but I've read a few books this last week by Animal Psychics - I've never believed anything like this before but I've got to believe he is in a better place and waiting to see me again one day. Perhaps you could try reading one of these books (if you haven't already) and it may help to comfort you as it has me?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Never look for a replacement, it's a recipe for disaster but it may be time to forge a new relationship? Our babies don't want us to be bereft for ever - but NEVER look for a substitute.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts