Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently noticed that my kitten Magic is developing strange spots where the hair is growing much thinner. One area is under his chin, and the other is around his eyes. He is a black cat, and I just notice it getting thinner, you can see his skin through it. Under his chin it looks like there is a scab or something....but around his eyes it's just getting thinner. Any ideas?

·
Registered
135 Posts
It might be ringworm :roll: I know 'cause Socks has a bald spot on her back so and I was worried it was ringworm... The vet said it was a bald spot from the flee prevention thingy (advantage - he did say it can happen with any brand and that some cats are sensitive to one). I think you should take Magic to the vet to check it out 'cause if it is ringworm people can get it too (not deadly but really irritating...)

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
My cat Sugar has thinning hair around her eyes where sideways you can see her scalp but any other way, it looks full. The scab under the chin could be ringworm, which you can get some cream from your vet to clear up or its kitty acne. My cat Twinkie had both so it may be best to go to the vet to clear it up. Good luck :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts