Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a kitten I just recently adopted, hes amazing and we have no problems with him except that he hates peeing in his litter. Half the time he will go in on his own absolutely no problem or without us having to put him in there. Other times he just straight out decides he’d rather go on the floor. Ive changed litter boxes and litters. Still nothing is getting him to use them. He has no problem going poo in the box and never once gone outside the box for poo. I am not sure what else to do at this point. its going on a month of accidents every day and we’re getting very frustrated. I am very doubtful its a uti because he has no other symptoms, we think its purely behavioural. I will be taking him to the vet either way tho, just wanted to know if anyone on here has any advice it would be very appreciated. Ive attached a picture of my little dude, Stewie.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
I'm not sure what other symptoms you're looking for, but it definitely sounds like a UTI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thank you!! appreciate another opinion before i head to the vets

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Stewie is so stinkin' cute, good luck at the vet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes, definitely take him to the vet to be checked for a UT infection. In the meantime, you could put a second box out and line it with just newspaper---or maybe a soft rag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are many litters out there so try more and maybe even Dr Elys red plastic litter for cats who do not like to use litter boxes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts