Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The space shuttle Challenger blew up, killing 7 including teacher Christa McAuliffe. I'll never ever forget that day. It was my generation's "Where were you when...?," just like my parents will always remember how they found out about JFK being shot.

May they all continue to Rest in Peace

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
This reminds me of '69, I was 7 years old and my mother sat my brother and I in front of the (black and white) tv and said: "Watch this, and remember it. History is being written."

To this day I still remember those words and remember seeing 'some guy' standing on the moon.

I asked my mother what she remembers most from when she was younger. It was the Cuban Missile Crisis and she told me she had me as a baby in her arms watching the crisis unfold and wondering if I would ever grow up So sad :(

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Jo, I'm sorry, but it was 1986. I remember because I was still in college, and had walked into the lounge after class, and everyone was glued to the TV. I saw the report just a few minutes after it happened. It seemed unbelievable. :(

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I remember that sad day. I was working for Southern Microfilm Corporation at the time, and I had worked out my schedule and route that morning so I could stop off at home to see the launch between doing service calls. It was so sad and shocking! :(

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I was sitting on my couch watching tv because I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with my son and remember instantly crying when I realized what had happened. I couldn't imagine the pain that the families felt as they watching their loved ones perish. I will never forget that day.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeanie said:
Jo, I'm sorry, but it was 1986.
Oops! DUH! The substraction in my head was working at the time, I guess. I knew it was '86 because I remember it like it was yesterday. I guess it's 23 years, not 13. :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts