Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat Freya was spayed on November 8th. She just had her follow up appointment yesterday on November 23rd. At the appointment they said she looked good, no swelling, or redness at the incision site. She has been eating, drinking, defecating but she seems to be intermittently peeing outside of her litter box. I have also found her just laying down in it randomly. When she did pee outside the box it was on my bed and on the floor, no blood or signs of straining though from what I could tell. Advice please?

·
Super Moderator
26,880 Posts
I can't tell from your post whether this started after your appointment yesterday or not, so I don't know if you mentioned it to the vet. It sounds like a urinary tract infection. Cats with a UTI associate the pain of peeing with the litter box and will choose something soft to pee on instead.

As far as sleeping in the litter box, a lot of kittens go through that phase, including my twins when they were little.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't tell from your post whether this started after your appointment yesterday or not, so I don't know if you mentioned it to the vet. It sounds like a urinary tract infection. Cats with a UTI associate the pain of peeing with the litter box and will choose something soft to pee on instead.

As far as sleeping in the litter box, a lot of kittens go through that phase, including my twins when they were little.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She started intermittently just sitting in the litter box on Saturday night. She peed on the bed and the floor after the follow up with the vet so it's not something I have been able to discuss with them since I was working on Wednesday and they are closed today. I'm calling them first thing tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts