Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unbelievable.

Apparently, a salary of $16 million for 2010 isn’t enough.

Not long after Vikings quarterback Brett Favre was placed on the inactive list for Monday night’s game against the Giants, Favre’s official web site began selling a signed football commemorating his 297-game streak of starts.

For the low, low price of $499.99.

“One of the most historic streaks ever in all of sports has come to an end,” the message reads on Favre’s site. “The NFL’s own Ironman Brett Favre has ended his consecutive starting game streak at 297. Chances are if your under 40 you don’t remember a time in the NFL with out Brett Favre playing on Sunday. This is a monumental feat especially at the quarterback position. Just consider since 1992 the Chicago Bears have watched over 20 QB’s start for their team; and the average career length in the NFL is less than four years.”

The signed ball will include the inscription “297 starts 1992-2010.”

Surely, there has to be a better way to spend $499.99.

·
Super Moderator
26,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Priceless!

·
Super Moderator
26,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's on his own website and there's no mention of charity.

My favorite comment so far: "I’d be afraid that when they shipped it, it would go to my neighbor’s mailbox."

:grin:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
A signed model of the Formula One car that Michael Schumacher won his 7th world title in was on sale for £800 when he retired in 06. It's all to do with demand. Someone will be prepared to pay $499 for a football, I'd be prepared to pay $4.99

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I wouldn't buy it, but then again, I don't like football much. :) Still, he had one helluva career. Not surprised that the memorabilia is coming out now.

The league QB with the next most starts would need to play every game for the next 5 1/2 years to match that record. Pretty impressive.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
Maybe now that the streak is ended he can take his ball and go home. He did have a heck of a career, but for me his antics over the last few years have over shadowed it.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Maybe now that the streak is ended he can take his ball and go home. He did have a heck of a career, but for me his antics over the last few years have over shadowed it.
Exactly! I think Brett had one heck of a career, and for years we listened to people talk about what a great, down to earth guy he is. I think he's shown himself to be nothing more than a glorified fame hog. I truly do not think he is the nice guy he was made out to be, I think the fame and glory went to his head, and I feel sorry for his wife and kids.

The sad thing is, he could have truly been a legend worthy of the title, had he just let things be, and retired. He brought this all on himself............what a fool!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts