Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first Chilean miner is now above ground. #2 is enroute through the tunnel in the rescue capsule.

This is just truly amazing to be watching.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
It's wonderful!

I heard on the news this morning that the Chilean government is making them go back to work tomorrow.

(they were joking)

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
The second minor cracked me up! What a character!

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5 are up now with the 6th on his way. I have been watching on CNN as they have been live all night.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I doubt they'll ever have to work again if they really didn't want to.

5 are up now.

28 to go....

It's Chile. They'll be back in the mines soon.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
haha probably.

If it was America, they'd each have their own book, talk show and judging post on America's Got Minerals.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I’m glad they managed to get out safely. As for life going forward, they have already been invited to make appearances in Spain, England and Greece, and mining entrepreneur Leonardo Farkas has promised them 5 million pesos each, about the equivalent of one year’s wages. They are also already in discussions for movie rights, book rights and TV interviews.

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
People are watching, cheering, and crying all over the world! As one commentator said, "They are everyone's family now!" This is a moment in time I won't forget. It's a miracle in the works! Blessings and thanks to eveyone who is helping. They are not all Chilean. Many people helped to design the rescue capsule and the drilling machinery. They are all angels!

It is so nice to see some of the men dropping to their knees in thanksgiving. And it is so nice that one of the men wants to renew his vows in the church wedding his wife always wanted. I hope the all of the men are in good physical and mental health, and that they don't suffer from post-traumatic stress. As of now, it's hugs all around!

Half of the men have been brought up now! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts