Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive done some searching but most of the info i have got isn't like my situation.

so my girlfriend and i got two cute short hair/persian mixed cats about 1.5 years ago. recently she was able to get her 10 year old cat back form her ex. not knowing, we introduced them for 8 hours before removing the 10 year old for a 36 hours and re introduced them for about an hour and then separated them since then. her and i went online and read about the proper introducing manor and are going to do our best to keep them separate for a week or two and play with the 10 year old and the 2 young ones for them to get used to the sent.
when they all 3 were around each other the young ones growled and hissed pretty freqently but the old one doesnt give them any mind. the reason i'm making this post is the two younger siblings are now hissing at each other and are being mean at times toward each other. is this normal?? is there anyone that can give me any insight on what to expect and maybe any tricks i may not know off?? any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
we.ve had similar problems over the years with our various cats lol and usually within a week or so they just learn to tolerate each other i think its all about who feels they have the upper hand ( altho this can be a struggle wen the others dont agree ) just perservere with it it will soon stop and maybe at some point they will get on xxxxxxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts