Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my siamese for about 6 months and just last week i got a 9 month old persian.. well i was keeping her in the bathroom (with food/water/litter) but left the door kinda cracked and what not so they could smell each other - this past monday I took the persian into the vet to get groomed,spayed, and nail trimmed - I got her back wednesday and put her back in the bathroom and tonight on the way home from work one of the animal control officers called me and we were just chatting and I asked her when I could let zoe (the persian) out of the bathroom and let them interact (i have let her out before to play with my siamese but only for like 30 mins or so) so she told me to go ahead and let her out... now the siamese is short hair and the persian is long - but with her cut she still has kinda a fluffy tail.. well the siamese keeps trying to jump on her tail then she starts hissin.. and he kinda backs off.. but it repeats again in about 30 mins! my question is - should I put her back in the bathroom for a little bit more or just let them duke it out :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

concerning the tail question, we used to have a similar problem. Our Smilla, Tomcat-Mix, has a "normal", shorthaired tail. When we introduced first Skrållan, Norewgian-Forest-Cat-Mix with a very bushy tail, to her, she showed all the usual signs of agression and being very afraid of the tail. This continued some time, she obviously had to learn that a bushy tail is no longer a sign of agression but "normal" with her new pal. When a few months later Lasse, Norwegian Forest and even bushier tail, joined in, we had the same procedure over again - just very short, this time it took only two days.

Has any of you made smiliar observations with longhair and shorthair cats interacting?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts