Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rescued my first kitties about 4 days ago. I've only had them for 2 days because they had to be fixed before I could bring them home. Their names are Biscuit and Butter (thanks to my 4 year old daughter) and they are litter mates that I rescued from a kill shelter about 2 hours from my house.

So far all is going great with them. They currently live in my daughter's huge bathroom until the Soft Paws arrive. The girl, Butter, is a scratcher and I can't let her out for a second. I tried letting Biscuit out for a while, but Butter thought she was being punished. So basically I spend my mornings and evenings sitting on the floor of my daughter's bathroom and playing with and loving on our new babies.

I'm so excited I just had to share it with other cat lovers! :)

Btw, my name's Jessie and it's nice to meet you all. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Congratulations on your two new additions. I'm sure they'll bring a lot of laughter and joy to your family, kittens can be quite funny at times.

You'll love these boards. It didn't take me long to get addicted. There are so many people here that have such good advice.

Please post some pictures of your babies soon.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures! And I'm glad to hear you will be using soft-paws. Many people on the forum have had success with them. Good luck!

P.S. I think the names your daughter chose are cute hehe.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I like the names!

Biscuit in particular strikes a chord with me because when I was little, my parents would never let me have a pet! I would beg and beg and beg for a dog, but I didn't stand a chance! Anyways, I still wanted one, though. So I would write stories - and I wrote a bunch of stories of girl & her dog, and I always named the dog Biscuit for some reason :)

So whenever i hear a dog or cat named that, I always have to chuckle. My stories were always so melodramatic!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hello Jessie and welcome to the forum!
Congratulations on your adoptions!
Lovely names - very original and making me hungry :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congratulations on your two new kittens. I'm sure they'll bring a lot of laughter and joy to your family, kittens can be quite funny at times.

You'll love these boards. It didn't take me long to get addicted. There are so many people here that have such good advice.

Please post some pictures of your babies soon.
As everyone else says, I want to see so me pictures of your babies!! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
me too

hiya! congratulations on your two wee kittens, I have just done the same, brother and sister (see the pic on the left) they are called Sooby and Cossy.

You will be having so much fun with them, these are my first kittens and i feel I have become an expert just by studying these forums!! Mine are now able to wander the house, which has been made completely kitten friendly everywhere! The wee girl was slower to be cuddly than her brother is very fussy which is very endearing. Whereas her wee brother just loves getting cuddles and always wants to sit on my laptop whenever I am typing!

Best of luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts