Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, everyone!

My friend found a 4-days-old kitten among recycling containers some 9 days ago. We called a vet and got a shocking advice to put the baby asleep because he had, in the vet's words, a minimal chanse to survive. I couldn't believe my ears. The kitty was showing good vital signs and had not yet suffered hypothermia. Despite all that the vet gave me no hope. I boiled of anger.
I rushed to the nearest grossary store and bought a mother milk substitute for newborn (human) babies (they didn't have it for kittens). The baby ate with pleasure. His digestive system accepted the food with no problems. That's why i decided to continue with the same milk substitute. Today the kitty is a 2-weeks-old alert and beautiful baby. He has though some problems with gases. The question is if it can depend on the human milk substitute and if it's ok to continue with this food. I would also like to know how often a kitten of his age should defecate. My kitty has not defecated in 3 days (i'm worried), what can i do beside stimulating his anus?

Thank you,
Valeria (Sweden)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm no expert but I would recommend heading out to your closest pet store and getting some kitten formula. They will sell it at almost all pet shops. I don't know the particulars but do know that infant and kitten needs are VERY different. This may be part of the constipation problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts