Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1st post here.I'm glad I found this site.Great stuff here.:)
Last Saturday I rescued a male who was crying outside our house.I live in the country side with big distances between houses.After his look he was outside for ages.I had cat for 20 years now so I thought this guy is like 2 y old.I gave him a bath (the fleas darkened the water :?) and then assigned his room.I have another 4 y male neutered norwegian forest cat.1st personal evaluation: fleas, mites, ticks, head wounds from battles, ripped ears and not fixed (easy to notice:p).He was very very weak. Barely walked. He slept 24/7 until Monday when I went with him to the vet.
He found what I already mentioned above + worms + possible UTI. He's got all the necessary treatments. The vet said that he is a maine coon mix (long hair) but his fur is full of mats and it needs months of good food and hair care to recover.
Tuesday: he has been neutered.
Thursday:ear mites not gone so yesterday with vet's approval I gave him Revolution. I've been cleaning his ears every day since Tuesday.Tons of mites poop and dirt.
Today:fleas are gone, he eats and drinks normally.Poops in his litter but pees in his litter and also different places.Lucky me.:wink
His mood changed a little bit but he still sleeps all the time.This morning was able to follow my fingers and even chase with paw the laser toy.
My concern are the ear mites.The vet mentioned a possible secondary infection and gave me a yellow solution to put in his ears for 5 days. He suffers because of them.
How long do you think it is going to take to clear up?
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Wow, this kitty was a goner until you appeared in his life. You are a great person for caring for him so well - he had a lot of bad stuff going on.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi and welcome! I've never dealt with ear mites, so I'm afraid I can't answer your question....but he's certainly lucky that he stumbled on your house. Have you decided upon a name?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi and welcome! I've never dealt with ear mites, so I'm afraid I can't answer your question....but he's certainly lucky that he stumbled on your house. Have you decided upon a name?
Thank you Susan. Ontaria/Canada here as well.Yes his name is Gore and he weighs now 5 kg but he is very very skinny.He's eating very well now, like 3 times more than my other cat.Hopefully he will recoup soon enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts