Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a situation in my house where I have 3 adult cats - 2-13 yr olds and a 4 yr old. The 4 yr old I got as a kitten but was feral and still has some feral/trust issue ways.
I brought 2 kittens into the mix 20 months ago. I recently realized they have been tag-teaming my 4 yr old. She is terrified of them and has resorted to my closet as her safe place. She won't leave the closet if they are out.
I have them separated 24/7 now with the hopes of re-introductions. However I think the little girl is the culprit and would like to re-home her. I live in the raleigh-durham NC area. She is a sweet petite black and white tuxedo that would be a great pet for someone. IF anyone is interested pls contact me.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Oh what a shame. That's a tough call. Is there anyway the members here could give you ideas to help you settle her before this final step?
Is she bonded to the other kitten as it would be so sad for her to leave not just her home but her best friend too.
In Charlotte there is a no kill shelter called precious paws. Maybe it's worth finding out if you could advertise for adoption via them without having to surrender into a scary shelter

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Good luck Chris. This is a hard decision I know. My Coco was aggressive towards my old frail Lacey Mae and we had to put her on meds to take the edge off her hyperactivity. She is much better now but still goes after her once in awhile. We have gotten into a rhythm of medication and separation for them as I can't imagine rehoming either one (although I will admit the thought of rehoming Coco was seriously on my mind last year).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.