Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Number of co-workers dead or injured 0 so far

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
haha well done!.

Having been on the receiving end of the withdrawal symptoms, I applaud the self control you are clearly showing by not killing your colleagues.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Nice Dave! As someone who is currently working on quitting and cutting down the number I have per day, and someone who has already quit once about 10 years ago, I will say that I feel your pain. Co-workers do seem to need to die much much more when you've just quit.

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Way to go, Dave! I recommend you get on the Patch, step 2. That's how I quit. I had been in the hospital, and had to go on it. It was a long stay, so I decided to quit. I had my kids remove all matches and cigarettes from the house, and I started on the next step, which was 2. Then I just cut them in half for a few days, cut the half in half, and so on, and I made it. I had tried everything! This way you don't have to go through nicotine withdrawal. Keep us posted! Yay, Dave! :p

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Way to go Dave! Hope your chewing lots of gum and got lots of candy around!

Dont take any trips to Paris any time soon. Everyone in that City smokes everywhere. Its crazy. Come to think of it they let their dogs S*** everywhere too.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Good luck! I am thinking about quitting now that I saw what the new packs are going to look like, I wouldn't be able to handle looking at them!

·
Banned
470 Posts
Exactly, listen to mitts&tess, smoking makes you Frenchy. With that knowledge, there's no need for the patch or gum. :D

Grats! Coworker recently did a combo of giving up tobacco and starting on the P90 program, and he's so ridiculously healthy that I am starting to loath him.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
46 hrs now. I do have Pfizer in my support group. I'm using Zyban rather than Chantix because Zyban tends to limit the weight gain.

I did get a case of the irrirable and nervous on the ride home from work last night and while waithing in line at the grocery store behind someone who needed 5 tries to get their debit card to work. I needed a kitty head butt and they delayed me.

I quit less than a week after reaching the full strength Zyban so that shouldn't happen for more than another day or so.

Now I'm in the coughing stage where oxygen reaches parts of my lungs that have been off limits for a long time.

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
From someone who spent close to $400 on Smokenders (but couldn't quit at that time), a glass of water or, especially, orange juice, will help the unexpected cravings! Taking a walk or a bath also helps, and if the cravings are severe, go to a library or church...anywhere in which you can't smoke and wouldn't even consider it! And key to their program was brushing your teeth for oral gratification and that great, clean taste in your mouth!

I'm so glad you've made the decision!

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
You are on the same time frame as my hubby. He is a *tad* cranky, but tolerable. The fact that you haven't killed anyone yet is a really great sign.

Just keep thinking how much healthier it will be for the kitties since you quit!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
48.75 hrs.

You know that "I picked a bad day to quit smoking joke"? Well I did. My group at work just merged with another group nad we all got a new VP who is a real jerk.

I'm thinking a coffee would be really good. Something with a strong flavor.

I wonder if I can post my meter in:

2d 0:40 smoke-free, 48 cigs not smoked, $12.60 saved, 4:00 life saved

Yep, it worked

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Go Dave Go!!!

I know it's really hard to quit, and I don't know how the heck they did it, but both my mom, and my husband quit cold turkey. I know for my husband, the biggest reality check was when he realized how much he was spending on them.

I was young yet when my mom quit smoking, so I don't know what her exact reasons were. It's funny though, because I remember very clearly the smell of the perfume she wore back then..........because as a kid, I remember it stunk so bad to me!
It's funny the things you so clearly can remember!

·
Registered
385 Posts
48.75 hrs.

You know that "I picked a bad day to quit smoking joke"? Well I did. My group at work just merged with another group nad we all got a new VP who is a real jerk.
That's the thing about quitting smoking, something always seems to go wrong while you are trying to quit. I tried a few times before my final quit and something unusually stressful happened each time.

If I was superstitious or paranoid, I would think there was an external evil that wanted me to keep smoking. It was almost like the tobacco companies snuck into my house to punch a hole in my water heater or replace the battery in my car with a dead one.

Trust me, just stick with it and be done with t.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts