Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear these are the BEST peanut butter cookies I've ever had. They taste more peanut buttery than other recipes I've tried.
Plus they are so fast and EASY!

1C peanut butter
1C sugar
1 egg

Mix it all together. Make little balls and place on a cookie sheet. I've found that you need to use a fork to make the little criss crosses and flatten them out pretty well, they won't flatten on their own.
Bake at 350 for 8 minutes
Let them cool on the pan

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
My roommate used to make these cookies. She loved them, but I found that they were too sweet for me. They also had a tendency to burn very easily on the bottom in our oven (which doesn't cook evenly.)

I much prefer the more complicated Peanut Butter Cookies recipies...
this is the one I use:

1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. light brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1 c. peanut butter
1 egg
1 tbsp vanilla
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix together butter, pb, sugar, egg and vanilla. Then combine and add flour, baking soda and salt. Bake at 350 for 8 min.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
There is another type of PB "cookie" where you boil sugar and corn syrup in a sauce pan, add the PB and then chow mein noodles, then simply drop them by spoonfuls on wax paper and let them cool. It's not really like a cookie but it's very "peanut-buttery" and chewy.

I'll have to try that recipe. I love PB cookies.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Chow Mein noodles? Hmmm, first time I've heard of that. But this recipe sounds good, I'm going to actually try it this afternoon. Thanks for the recipe

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I just made the 3 ingredient cookies..... 8O

Ok....you guys I can tell you that I am completely challenged when it comes to baking cookies. I thought...Oh Gosh!
How can I screw this up??? Well.....you cant!
They are soooooooooooooooo yummy!

At first I thought no way will this work because this stuff seems kinda runny and it is just going to melt on the pan and be all runny.
But for whatever reason it doesnt.....must be the egg.
I didnt even make the criss-crosses with a fork. Too lazy! :lol:
I just dropped them on the pan and shoved them in the oven.
It did take 15 minutes to cook though rather than 8.
Probably cuz I didn't flatten them first.

Oh Yippeeeee.....my kids are gonna LOVE this! Thanks! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I couldn't resist, I had to try them. Yes, very easy to make and very good. IMO they are a little too sweet though. I don't know much about substitutions when baking but next time I may try substituting flour for half the sugar to see how they turn out.

The dough isn't too shabby either. :wink:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Richo said:
I couldn't resist, I had to try them. Yes, very easy to make and very good. IMO they are a little too sweet though. I don't know much about substitutions when baking but next time I may try substituting flour for half the sugar to see how they turn out.

The dough isn't too shabby either. :wink:
If you try an "equal amount" substitution for half the flour you might just get some peanut butter-flavored rocks. I'm not all that great at baking goodies (I'm much better at preparing a decent meal) but I think in order to have a "cookie" texture, along with the flour you'd need some baking soda. That will help the cookies rise a little bit and be a little bit fluffier versus flat. It may work a little better to use slightly less than half the amount of flour.

I haven't tried this particular recipe yet but there is a no-bake recipe that I've tasted before (never put together myself) for peanut butter logs - using peanut butter, rice krispies cereal and 1 or 2 other ingredients. I really like them. They're not too sweet, just the right amount. I'll have to check on all the ingredients and their amounts and get back to you on this. :)

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
spamlet said:
1C peanut butter
1C sugar
1 egg
Anybody know how to convert these into English weights!!
I just looked at my measuring cup, and 1C (C=cup) is very close to 1/4 liter. This is a liquid measuring cup, so for dry ingredients it would be a little bit less.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I didn't measure anything at all.....

I completely guessed while dumping the sugar and peanut butter into the bowl....heheheeee :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
804 Posts
OMG!!

i JUST tried these and they were mind blowing. my husbands gunna devour the rest of the dozen when he gets home

they are so rich tho, i only had two and already my stomach is tender...but i MUST have more

1 - 20 of 23 Posts