Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That seems really bizarre, doesn't it? Evidently it's quite a bit north of Phoenix in higher elevations. What's odd about it is that here in PA the most snow I can remember is about the same, and we have had that much only twice in my lifetime! I'm 5'8,' and the snow came up to my knees. That is one heck of a big snow to fall anywhere, let alone Arizona!

·
Registered
179 Posts
There was snow in San Francisco this weekend, too! I was trying to figure out where the snow was in Arizona; Flagstaff has been known to get snow so it wouldn't be out of the question if it was there. My friend who lives in Phoenix hasn't called yet completely bewildered by snow but she could be out playing it it!!

We are supposed to have 80 degree weather tomorrow which is just way too warm for the middle of March!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Please take pictures! I bet it is breathtaking to see the contrasting scenery! Arizona is so gorgeous anyway I can only imagine what it looks like now.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also think the American South West is beautiful! Can you imagine how the Grand Canyon would look with snow? I have a snow globe like that. It seems unlikely, but it could very well be, considering the altitude of Falstaff !

·
Registered
179 Posts
You are totally right about the American Southwest being gorgeous. It's such vastly different landscape from where I currently live. That's one of the most amazing aspects of the United States: how varied the landscape is.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Jeanie said:
I also think the American South West is beautiful! Can you imagine how the Grand Canyon would look with snow? I have a snow globe like that. It seems unlikely, but it could very well be, considering the altitude of Falstaff !
Actually, I've been there when it's snowed! It's very cool. What was really neat though was the fog!

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
I was in the Grand Canyon for my
birthday ~ January~ a couple years ago. It snowed
the night before. We got up at dawn and went out
to the points at the South rim. It was f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s!

5 People died in the desert try to
get into the country illegally cuz it was so cold.
Very sad.

There were helicopters flying and flying
by my house this morning chasing illegals running
up the river wash. Its a huge huge problem here.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
When I saw it with snow, the clouds (or fog, not really sure) were down IN the canyon. You really couldn't even tell there was a hole! It cleared up pretty quickly, but that was my FIRST view of the canyon-all filled in with clouds!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts