Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you imagine what it must have been like for these 33 men? Sunday, 10/10/10 , they will be brought up, one by one. They have been receiving food and water and now there is a way out! This is truly a miracle! Thank God for this day! They are so excited; they're ecstatic! And who could blame them? :p

Rescue workers insert steel pipes to encase the escape tunnel that will be used to free trapped miners at the San Jose mine near Copiapo, Chile Sunday, Oct. 10, 2010. After more than two months trapped deep in a Chilean mine, 33 miners are close to being freed but workers first must reinforce the top few hundred feet (almost 100 meters) of the tunnel and have begun welding the steel pipes for that purpose. (AP
There is much more to read, if you'd like, at this site:
Tense final hours ahead for Chilean miners

edit: Sorry; they won't begin to use the escape tunnel until Tuesday. Each man is determined to let his colleagues go first. Such comraderie! Such courage!

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Such great news!

Talk about a reality show.....makes Big Brother and Survivor look like a cake walk.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
It's still a long, difficult process to get each of them out. It'll be a few days before they all make it. And they're fighting over who goes first. Not what you'd think, though - most of them want each other to get out first.

Nice, huh? :grin:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
This is a wonderful end to this story! I've been following it off and on. So happy that they are finally going to be free! I can only imagine the bond these men share now, being trapped together that long underground.

and LOL ducman, you quack me uP!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts