Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 cats. Rocky for 6 years (Rocky was never an only child our oldest Boots died recently), Dudley and Lana for a year and a half, and Russell for 1/2 year. Just recently I've come home to find a stool and urine on my new white bed spread. I've washed it several times to make sure it came clean and did not have odor. I've tried to make sure my door was shut when I wasn't in my room. It's now happened at least 4 times, to different bed spreads and sheets. Most recently it happened while i was sleeping and woke up to find urine spots all over my bed. And I've even taken out the mattress and sprayed it down and aired it out. They've never done anything like this for no reason before. Their litterboxes are clean (they each have their own), they weren't locked in the room, they had food, they get plenty of attention. Does anyone have an idea on what prompted this? Any suggestions????

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
First, are your males neutered? If not, they may be marking their territory..

Second, and MOST important, contact your vet. ONE of your cats may have a UTI...

Third, figure out which one it is. Good luck on that half :shock: Maybe put a video camera in there or something..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The boys and girl are neutered/spayed. I think I might know who it is. I've thought of the camera idea but I'd have to set up my bed so it wouldn't penetrate anything. But I think I will take them to the vet. My mom supposedly found round worm that one of them coughed up so they've all been treated for that. Could having round worm have any affect on the bladder?

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
marvistavet.com lists these causes:

The average age of a cat with FLUTD is 4 years. Of all cats with FLUTD:

50% will not have a cause which can be determined despite extensive testing
20% will have bladder stones
20% will have a urethral blockage
1will have bladder stones
17% will have a combination of infection and bladder stone
7% will have urethtral blockage
3% will have urinary tract cancer
5% will not have a cause tht can be determined despite extensive testing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts