Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :)
I have a persian female kitten (chinchilla). She’s 4 months old now.
For the past todays she has being showing weird behaviour like sticking her bum up when I scratch her back. Weird meowing. She almost never meows..usually very quiet.
I know what you’re thinking, she’s in heat..
but she is only 4 months old! She can’t possibly be in heat. And even of she is..she’s too young, she’s still a baby herself.

Is there anything else that makes kittens do that other than heat?
Thank you!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Female kittens can come into their first heat between 4-6 months. Your kitty is probably in heat! I don't know what else can cause this behavior. Is she more affectionate? They can get pregnant as soon as their first heat. We would love to see pictures! Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is actually
Is this gonna keep happening every fews weeks ? Or does it take longer to come back after the first one? She’s too youung! Do I have to..find her a male to mate with? Or can I stall her for a little longer 😅

Attachments

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
You can get her spayed. Otherwise she'll keep coming into heat and all the tomcats in the neighborhood will besiege your home and spray and yowl. And she'll try to get out.

It only takes once. :(

·
Registered
701 Posts
Here's a link to a site that can help: How Long Are Cats in Heat? At What Age Can Cats Get Pregnant? | PetMD. No, actually, she isn't too young. If you want kittens, you can get a male for her to mate with, (which I don't recommended.) I wouldn't bred her, just if you don't want her in heat. If you don't want her to come in heat ever again, you'll have to get her spayed, as @eldercat said. There's no other way to prevent this. What do you mean by, "stall her for a little longer?" She is sooo adorable btw!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank youu🙈
The thing is I do want to breed, but they say 4-5 months is too young for a cat to get pregnant. By ‘stalling’ I meant wait until she’s a little older..it doesnt feel right at this age😅 That is what I felt in the beginning..
Thank you for the links btw!
I read that distracting her with play sessions could work, I’ve tried it today and it actually works. I have been playing with her and toys all days she barely showed any signs and now she’s sound asleep! ☺
Hopefully I can keep this up until the recommended age of breeding!

50C8FCA2-8682-419F-AA84-EDDF07C30D56.jpeg

·
Registered
701 Posts
Oh, okay. Yes, I would want until she's a bit older. Are you going to get her a Persian male? I don't know about what else you could do to "stall" her. Good luck! Keep us updated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup persian male!
I will keep you lovely people updated🌸🌸

·
Registered
701 Posts
You're getting me excited! My grandmother is going to breed her male ragdoll with my aunt's Siamese mix, and I'm planning on adopted a kitten from that litter. What kind is he? Chinchilla as well?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I still don’t have a male actually!
In Tunisia we have a trusted group for persian breeding. I haven’t been paying attention because well, I didn’t see it coming hhhhh
But now I am going to pay attention. I will be looking for another chinchilla with a white coat parent or a white coat one.
ooh that cross breeding is gonna be interesting!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Oh, very cool! Are there a lot of Persian breeders in your area?

Yes, I believe that crossbreeding is going be to very interesting as well. I will be posting pictures, when I get him/her some time next year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts