Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that kittens need to be fed 4 times a day. Is that a good guideline to follow? I work from 11am-8pm but my boyfriend works nights so I guess he can feed the kitten when he gets home....actually the kitten won't be alone for more than 2 hours a day!

I know my mom feeds her adult cats twice a day.....so is 4 good for a kitten?

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I fed my kittens four times a day. You can leave dry food out it you wish, however. When the kitten is about 6-7 months, you could cut it to twice, or free feed, depending on whether he tends to be chubby or slim. I leave dry food out all the time for my adult cats. Don't leave canned food out too long, however, or it will spoil.

·
Registered
135 Posts
yeah Maleke probably depends on how old they are. I'm a newbie and whenever I hear kitten or even kitty I'm not sure if that means less than 12 week, 6 month old or less than a year?

I watched a 6 month old for a friend and he chowed down about 2 times a day, plus most dry cat food bag will have a recommended feeding in age and sometimes sizes (weight)

good luck with the new baby! :D

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
A dog or a cat at six or seven months old is like a 10-13 year old child, old enough to conceive, but way too young to be considered an adult. I consider a year to 14 months old a grown cat. Like dogs, it's closer to accurate to consider 12 years for the first year, and 5 years for every succeeding year-when comparing their age to human age. (as compared to 7 animal years to one human year.)

·
Registered
179 Posts
But she's so pitiful when she sits at her bowl looking at it then me going "meeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww rrrrreeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww "

·
Registered
65 Posts
HelloBeautiful said:
But she's so pitiful when she sits at her bowl looking at it then me going "meeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww rrrrreeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww "
That's what my Giz does, except he usually does annoying little chirpy meows, wiggling his tail hopefully and murring at me when I come. He thinks it's a catastrophe if the food dish is empty and will wake me up in the middle of the night if he's hungry! Like I want to be woken up at 5am just to tromp downstairs to feed him lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts